• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those that doubt Yukon Axles

I have had some people here that have kinda steered away from the Yukon axles I have recently been selling. They said things like Yukon has a horrible rap for quality and breaking, or that they heard this or that.

I try to explain that was when they were first getting in to the full axle line a few years or more ago, and that people still have super old stock or such and that in the last few years Yukon has stepped up the quality beyond that of any other axle (or gear for that matter) company.

I personally saw this same test being done, but they would not disclose the other axle brands when they tested a few for me. Only saying that their Hardcore was the strongest of the strong out there in the Chromoly arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2hBlYTEZmQ

The problem with a test like that is it measures ultimate strength, which is almost worthless in the real world as proven by real world testing. A much better measurement would be yield strength or to plot stress vs. strain. A good indicator of real world performance in that test was the deflection of each shaft, notice that the Superior shafts deflected the most before failure?

The other problem with that test is that the axles are not loaded like they would be in an axle housing, to be really accurate the whole axle assemble should be tested.

It's great to see Yukon stepping up their game but only time will tell if they're going to hold up, this test is not a good indicator.

After 4ish plus years of wheeling on 35"s with my yukon CrMo shafts, I finally broke my short side inner.
http://vimeo.com/1427668
it broke at about 1:05
I'll still run Yukon's I'll still push Yukon's.

The best way to make your shafts last. No matter what brand they are. Is to lighten the damn load in your rigs. All the extra parts, tools and shop that you guys carry is what breaks your junk and makes it harder to clear an obstacle. Make your fat ass passengers walk the obstacle if it gets tough. you should be able to wheel most trails without having to hammer the hell outta the throttle. If your pushing down more than half throttle on a rock and its not moving, then back up and take a different line. carry a little momentum through an obstacle and it will be easier to clear instead of stopping at the start and trying to crawl it. And when in doubt, call for the winch. Wheel smart and your junk just might last. I didn't care about breaking in that video because my trailer was less than 100 yards away.
I miss the rock garden.

Back