• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale - TNT Trussed Dana 44 with 1" U-Bolt Eliminators and Moser Axles $300 OBO

squirrel80

NAXJA Forum User
For Sale - TNT Trussed Dana 44 with 1" U-Bolt Eliminators and Moser Axles $300 OBO

This is a complete diff minus the axle bearings and seals. It was built for a friend of mines Jeep but ended up not working because it uses a different bearing style than an XJ. Everything is ready to go and the pinion angle is set for about a 6" lift. It has 3.55 gears and open. The only reason we are not using it is because he has a brand new disc brake conversion kit that he wants to run and it will not work with this bearing style. The drums are complete and work fine. I do not know what this Dana 44 is out of originally, but it came out of an XJ in a pull a part. I'm looking for $500 to recoup the cost of the truss and UBE and housing so I can build one with the XJ bearing end. I don't want to count the hours I have already in it.

DSC04243.jpg

DSC04240.jpg

DSC04235.jpg

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04239.jpg

Last edited:
Re: For Sale - TNT Trussed Dana 44 with 1" U-Bolt Eliminators and Moser Axles $500 OB

ive seen this axle in person, its beefier than it looks in the pics.

Re: For Sale - TNT Trussed Dana 44 with 1" U-Bolt Eliminators and Moser Axles $500 OB

Is this a XJ 44? Those shafts look familiar?

You tell me, your the one who pulled it.:D This is the housing you picked up from pull a part and I came down to buy from you. I went through all the trussing and ended up not being able to use it with the Terraflex Disc brake kit. I have a new housing I am starting all over with, so this one is for sale. It is Cherokee width and will bolt directly in to a Cherokee that is all I know.

Since those are moser axles, they are most likely set 20 axle bearings and ford torino bearing ends

They are not Set 10 but do have the same ID as a Set 10. I do have the races so someone could find the bearing from that. This housing was fully assembled when I got it and all the parts are here. The bearings were presed off to put a spacer on for the disc brake kit and that is why they are no longer on the axles. The machine shop threw out the bearings because I was going to put new ones on.

The housing ends look like the torino ends on my 9in. They use the set 20 bearings, and you can get them at napa or car quest in a kit with the seal, bearing and retainer. From what I remember the are fairly cheap. You can also use the explorer disc brake setup on the axle with the spacer rings from currie or tera flex for about 10 bucks.

tnt makes em for .5" lift, 1", and 1.5" lift IIRC.
they look like the .5''s to me...

not recommended for sagging oem leafs, or AAL'd packs, but who runs those!

its my turn to say this is a good price, you should move on it jim. =)
assuming pinion angle is right for you, it'd be a bitch to change that now.

Back