• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FM Modulated CD changer

Sarge

NAXJA Forum User
Hope this is in the right spot, if not, move at will.

My new work van is a 2002 Freightliner Sprinter. Came with the stock AM/FM/Cassette and I own a total of about 4 cassettes any more. After some searching changing the stereo is a full on custom approach it seems. So I've been considering adding a CD changer. Most likely mounted in the not used glove box or under the passenger seat. The suggested ones seem to be the FM modulated ones that hard wire into the antenna wire. Any experience with these? Not looking for audiophile true performance but definitely want better than the ones that broadcast and you tune into that freq.

Sarge

Sarge said:
Hope this is in the right spot, if not, move at will.

My new work van is a 2002 Freightliner Sprinter. Came with the stock AM/FM/Cassette and I own a total of about 4 cassettes any more. After some searching changing the stereo is a full on custom approach it seems. So I've been considering adding a CD changer. Most likely mounted in the not used glove box or under the passenger seat. The suggested ones seem to be the FM modulated ones that hard wire into the antenna wire. Any experience with these? Not looking for audiophile true performance but definitely want better than the ones that broadcast and you tune into that freq.

Sarge

How do you like the Sprinter? It has the Mercedes deisel? Any good? I think it's only like 150hp. They make a few civilian models and I'm interested in using one for a family car.

Thanks-

Loving it. Never looked up the HP but it moves me along fine. No problems getting over 80 or pulling the load. I'm a plumber/sewer & drain cleaner. Yeppers, it has the mercedes diesel. I think for 2007 they are coming out with more choices on motors, pretty sure I read that somewhere. I'm happy with the 2.7 turbo-diesel tho and the 23 mpg.

Sarge

I've got a Pioneer 6 Disc changer that's a bit older but still functional. I pulled it out of my Dakota before I got an MJ and it's been sitting for 2 yrs or so and that was 2 trucks ago. I've got an iPod now and I'd trade the changer for MJ parts.

Since you're local we could just meet up for a swap. I live in Stanton 44W but work downtown STL week days.

- JP

Also Crutchfield sells and external head unit box for about 15.00 that can mount under dash or just about anywhere. My old dodge wouldnt accept a standard player in dash so I put one mounted to bottom of dash.FYI.

Well it turned out the in dash stereo was easy to replace. Pulled it out to check on wiring and such. Discovered it has two dash kits in it from the factory. The second one is a regular DIN sized kit. Throw a VW/Merc adapter and an antenna adapter in and any DIN radio slips right in. On some of these vans you have to flip two wires (battery and ignition) in order to save stations and such. Mine needed no changes.

Sarge

Back