• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Jeep Comanche - FS

boomer1

NAXJA Forum User
Well, its time to let it go. If you've been looking for one, you probably won't find a nicer original Comanche around.

The good -
Short bed
4X4
300,000 miles - but the engine was rebuilt at one time - this little truck always starts, and runs down the freeway like a scared rabbit.
New tires / rims
New interior - buckets, console, headliner
No cracks on the dash
Rear slider window
Really good carpet
AM/FM CD with 6 disk changer behind the seat
Custom rear bumper / reciever
removable Rear pre-runner tire carrier
NO RUST
One small crease on passenger fender - barely see it
Already has the AX15 upgrade - 5 speed - external slave
New clutch
Full gauge package
Posi-LOK front diff
Chrome package front
Front tow hooks
Brakes are good
recent oil change

Bad -
Needs a new windshield - which I might get changed before it sells

All it really needs is a paint job and it would really be a nice truck.

I do have the bench seat, needs redone, and a few boxes of misc. parts to go with it. If someone is interested I have a white fiberglass shell that is also for sale.

This truck is one of the nicer ones around, and I'm not going to give it away. For anyone on this forum I'm firm at $2,500 cash. I've got a lot more into it than that, but I have to sell it. If no one is interested here, I'll be listing it on Craigslist for more.

By the way, the 2 Door 1988 Cherokee you see parked in front, will also be going up for sale shortly.

Thanks

If this were a 2wd MJ I'd already own it...... But I can't justify making it 2wd.

John and Brad were kind enough to call and offer me dibs on this truck a couple weeks ago. I went and checked it out and it really is a great truck!

These guys are true jeep enthusiasts and take great care of their jeeps......you should see the restored CJ these guys put together.....:thumbup:

Save me from myself..... Buy this clean MJ!

Last edited:
Troy
Thanks for all the nice comments. Haven't had anyone interested from the forum, so we'll be listing it on Craigslist for more money. Guess we'll be putting up with the Craigslist B.S. until someone shows up who is really interested. Like I said, we'll be listing the 1988 2-door Cherokee shortly. It's a running work in progress, just a a couple of things we want to fix before it's sold.
Again, thanks for the promo - sure wish someone here would have picked it up, at least then I know it would be taken care of.
To everyone in the forum - we hope you have a merry Christmas and a great New Year!

And sold........ to me. :doh:

Thanks Brad and John!

R.O.R.

Back