• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flipping a chevy front D44

Thank you. I haven't spent enough time under my rig to realize that yet I guess.
I've spent far, far too much time under mine... and on here... and under mine. Replaced all the brake lines on two rigs, with another one happening next week sometime :roflmao:

You could always move the brake and fuel lines too, but I'm not sure that the benefits outweigh the costs. It isn't very hard to do exhaust work, even I can weld up a decent exhaust from preformed pieces, and I'm no expert when it comes to welding.

I wouldn't want to do this as the brake and fuel lines are on the driver side. You'd end up with both brake and vapor lock issues I suspect.

can you explain this further? is this in response to moving the exhaust or changing to a 300 Right side T-Case?

I would have thought things like the starter would be in the way of the front drive shaft. Also will a 300 bolt up to a Automatic Transmission?

Last edited:
It's in response to moving the exhaust - you wouldn't need to if you put in the passenger side D300 and manage to keep the exhaust somewhere away from the brake and fuel lines.

Back