• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flipped 231

burntkat said:
of course it would be lots easier. Use the existing axle shafts-- move left to right and vice versa, then cut out the old tube, put new in, and you're done.

I've seen people do this in their garage. "Ya just gotta want it". ;)

Heck- I can't see it costing anywhere near $500 if you have a shop do it. It's a little grinding, a little cutting of new tube, and a little welding. I honestly think that if you're not shy of a grinder you can get out of it for less than $300.

- and another thing-- how are you planning to attach the 300 to the XJ Tranny? The bolt patterns for the two 'cases aren't the same last time I checked, and I don't believe the spline count is the same either.
Anybody have any real experience with this? That is just a guess, and to be honest with you way over my level of welding. As was stated before, dana 300s can be had for relatively cheap.

Around here if you look you can normally find a drivers drop D44 High Pinion for around $200-$300. That's a cheap price to cut the headaches in my book. Either way, have fun and take lots of pix for us to see.

Back