• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flexplate Replacement

NJXJ666

NAXJA Forum User
Finally nice enough outside today, pulled the inspection plate hoping to find the 4 flexplate bolts loose. They were tight and I narrowed down the noise to the flexplate. Basically looking for someone who has a place that can replace it for me. Where I live I can't be pulling the trans out to replace it. I'm more than able to help and willing to drive to you. It doesn't need to be asap but the sooner the better at this point. Figured I'd ask on here before I take it to a shop to get replaced.

I appreciate the offer. At this point its not a big rush, something I need to do once it gets a little nicer outside. I would definitely appreciate the help.

just a fyi i did this last year. i was able to leave the tcase and tranny attached and slide the trans back just enough to get a impact air rachet in there and pull the cracked plate. you dont have to COMPLETELY drop the trans out. It def wasnt fun but also wasn't the worst. if you have a friend and a nice jack you can do it right on the ground. wish you were closer i would offer to help.

Back