• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixed Rate Nat Gas

XJMK

aka boredchimp
So this is my first time dealing with gas bills, and was wondering how much the price of natural gas fluctuates. US Energy Savings keeps coming by and wants to charge me 40 cents more per therm than I am paying now.

Does the price really increase that much that a 40 cent increase over the whole year would be better than the fluctuations in gas prices?

Seeing how we have the same gas co(NI-Crap)....

Here is the scam.....

NICOR will charge you probably up to $2 per therm in the next two months.
It will drop to around 40 cents a therm in the summer.

But this Energy savings scam artist, will promise to sell you gas at X price. Usually about the price of Nov-Dec gas prices(usually about $1.50 a therm). And lock you in for a year or more contract.

Problem is...for 9 months a year the price you pay for gas is less than the price of what these 'Energy Savings' places charge you. But you are locked in at their price...... SO you pay the higher price, even though NICRAP would have charged you less.

On top of that, you still have to pay the exact same delivery charges, taxes, decommision fees....

Thats what I was thinking. I didn't think that for a few months the gas prices got so high that a higher gas price the rest of the year would offset it. Their pamphlet says that I might save money with their plan.

I'll just tell the wife and boy to bundle up. :laugh3:

Back