• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fishsticks

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
why is it not recommended that they be microwaved (3 different companys have this on their bags)? i realize they probably aren't as crispy as advertised and I accept that but the 40 min difference in preparation while my 3 year old screams cancels that out.

is there any actual scientific reason?

the internets have so far failed me so I figure I'll try the jeep gods

I also hate to wait. IMO, full microwave till done would probably make the grease explode.

To speed up cooking and also make things toasty I often defrost in the microwave and finish up in the skillet or toaster oven. Almost as quick and not mushy.

Microwaving fishsticks is like dividing by zero. You don't do it.

You've been warned.

41573_65187667741_6031_n.jpg

as obscure as this post is....still looking for an actual response, probably won't get it till I visit my parents and stop by the Gortons factory, but nice to know people are quick to embrace homosexuals, especially in texas, cause then they are larger than life gays:scottm:

I think you are approaching the problem the wrong way. I say remove them from the bag, place them on the plate and microwave them till they're done. If it works, you have fishsticks. If it doesn't and it explodes, you can tell your kid why daddy can't make them any faster and he/she needs to be patient. I'm sure the initial explosion will get the message across well enough.

so far no explosion.....3 years running

as obscure as this post is....still looking for an actual response, probably won't get it till I visit my parents and stop by the Gortons factory, but nice to know people are quick to embrace homosexuals, especially in texas, cause then they are larger than life gays:scottm:

F off. You're the one that didn't get the south park reference. I hope you choke on a nuked fishstick.

I'm lucky to get to have a fish stick in the house. My wife hates them and bitches about the smell every time I cook fish. Every time she leaves for a day or two I OD on Gordons. It's a sad addiction.

Since some brands include microwave directions, but recommend a conventional oven, I'd say it's the texture. Assuming you cook them thoroughly, they'll be safe to eat, just not crispy. They're likely "minced fish", so they may not be much worse than fish sticks normally are.

I ruined a microwave with Gorton's microwaveable fillets. It worked fine, it just made everything taste like crappy fish. That's been.... eh, since before microwaves had digital displays, and I haven't keeled over yet.

Cat....the other white meat. :laugh:

Fishsticks in microwave = not crispy. But most children don't mind/care/notice.
As long as cooked thorough there is not harm.
Deep fryer = Win!

Soooo, what are you; some kinda gay fish?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

maybe because of the mercury content most fish (around here anyway) have? the whole metal in the microwave thing might come into play :dunno:

Back