• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender flare, got an opinion?

I'm in for a set if you're willing to make some.

They definitely look good, let us know how they work out, and I cannot wait for fully installed pics.

xj_chris said:
I'm in for a set if you're willing to make some.

They definitely look good, let us know how they work out, and I cannot wait for fully installed pics.

Ditto. Clean look, repairable.

Tim

Count me in on a set of F and Rs, id easily pay $300. You could chop out the fenders, and no one would ever know it wasnt stock. Those look sweet, im tired of getting my windshield soaked everytime I drive through a puddle when ive got my flares off! I agree with Scooby on the quick release idea too, thatd be awesome. Please post some pics of the mounting system, and cant wait to see the installed pics.

hackedxj said:
I'm just now planning the rears. They will definately sit higher, I hope to raise them close to the same amount as the fronts so it will look right. I plan to get the fronts on and will that allow me to better see what to do in the rear to keep them proportional. Thanks for the input. By the way, I borrowed your ZJ shifter knob idea from your site. For some reason I still think it's one of my best mods lol.

Excellent. Should look good then and will be looking forward to the result. I take it then you will fit partly to the rear door otherwise you wont be able to go higher.

i'd have to see them on, but I agree, bushwhackers don't look "good" unless you are running a pretty big tire on a big lift --- just my personal view -- i want something similar, but smaller

Gojeep said:
Excellent. Should look good then and will be looking forward to the result. I take it then you will fit partly to the rear door otherwise you wont be able to go higher.
Yea, the rear will be a two piece flare with the front half mounting to the rear door. Like the front flares, they'll be styled like the 97-01 flares, but the back half of the rear flare will go to the bottom of the quarter panel instead of stopping at the bumper caps. I'm working on them now in my spare time, should be done in a few weeks. I get some more pics soon ,thanks guys

hackedxj said:
Yea, the rear will be a two piece flare with the front half mounting to the rear door. Like the front flares, they'll be styled like the 97-01 flares, but the back half of the rear flare will go to the bottom of the quarter panel instead of stopping at the bumper caps. I'm working on them now in my spare time, should be done in a few weeks. I get some more pics soon ,thanks guys
Cant wait ;)

i want some too!!!!!!!!!! first mod to the body of mine will be cutting the fenders and those look killer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Hacked, any updates on the on going project? I am going to be running a 33X12.5 on 3.75 BS'd wheels on Rustys 4.5" lift, and will be in need of somthing just like this. I was going to buy 4 rear TJ flares, but then I read about this and now I WANT IN on these! Keep us posted,

Joseph

Here's a few pics from this weekend, Sorry about the delay, he's had some things come up and I didn't want to bother him. He's on 33s with 6 inches of lift with long arms stuffing and flexing like crazy and never touched them. Could probably go down to 3 inches but loose wheel travel. I'm still working on the rears.
47b5dd06b3127cce908d26d15ca400000016109AYuXLdy2ao

47b5dd06b3127cce908d0f309df900000016109AYuXLdy2ao

47b5dd06b3127cce908d26c2dd8700000016109AYuXLdy2ao

Those look awesome - better than anything out on the market today.

If you figure out a way to make these, I'd shell out for them.

As for quick disconnect, Toyota uses well nuts that are plastic and reusable - similar to, but 100 times better than the little plastic plugs on misc XJ parts.

Red97XJ said:
so are these for sale yet? How much?
Right now I'm just seeing what people opinions are, I'm making a few sets now for my brother and some friends. If there's enough interest I'll make some more. I mostly make one off things, would really have to see how much materials I actual have invested.

hacked..
I would like a set, possibly two.

From what I have read here, you could buy a 55 gallon drum of your favorite resin and go to town. What is your favority brand, anyway? You mentioned boats, did you use the West stuff?

MoFo

Hey Hacked, Any pics yet of F & R flares. I would like to see the finished product, so far they look great. I would certainly be intrested in a set.

prerunnerXJ said:
quick somewhat off topic question...
does the stealership offer stock color spraypaint? ive got full fiberglass fenders that i still need to paint and i want a pretty close match to stock.

did you get the flares painted professionally or paint them yourself?

Try http://www.jeepsareus.com/ you just give them your vin or some one elses that has the color you want and you can get it in spray cans or touch-up brushes.

Hacked, i know this is ancient, but did you ever keep on making these?

Back