• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: For Trade 97 XJ 4.0 4x4 auto 3" lift Revos

Nihil

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of trading my XJ. It's been good to me, but I cannot afford to work on it anymore.
Here's the specs:
4.0 4x4 (NV242) Auto 8.25" rearend
3" lift (custom leaf packs with 1" daystar shackle. Currently has ZJ front coils with RE spacer, but have RE 3" coils lying around I could put in or include. Correct length NAPA HD shocks). OME steering stabilizer. JKS adj. trackbar.
RE Hack n' tap with converted front shaft.
I'm currently trying to sell the BPI bumpers I took off of it (now it has stock pre-97 with BPI rear quarterpanels). If someone wants them and they are not gone by then I can include/install them for their added worth.
Brand new (bought in December, only ~400 miles on them) 30" Bridgestone Revos. Awesome in snow, rain, sleet, no need for full-time 4x4 on the road.
Sony X-plode receiver. I also have a 6 CD changer lying around that I could hook back up.

Here's its problems:
1. I've been fighting a engine misfire for a while now. It only misfires around 50 MPH, and then accelerates out of it. I've tuned it up with new Champ plugs, Bosch wires, KHM coil and dist. cap. None have fixed the problem. Has to be internal, maybe a faulty valve. I recently changed my oil and used an engine cleaner that you let cycle through the motor before you dump the old oil. This didn't help the misfire, but afterwards the motor did run smoother and cooler. Maybe a few more bottles will fix it?
2. It could use a new drivers side U-joint (I have 2 new ones that will be included in sale)
3. The antenna was torn off during offroading. Now there's a nice hole where it used to be. I planned on bondo-ing this spring along with the dent in the passenger door and giving it a fresh paintjob.

These problems aren't all that serious, but I really don't have the time or money to fix them properly, and they're just aggrevating me.
This XJ would make a perfect buildup project for a pure offroader.

And since I need a vehicle as well I'm looking to trade it. Here's some vehicles I'm interested in. 2WD or 4WD doesn't matter, but MUST be automatic.
Ford Crown Victoria (P71 prefered)
Toyota 4Runner or Pickup
Dodge Dakota or Ram (97+)
or just let me know what you have. Looking for a good reliable daily driver.

260325717ygdQvz_ph.jpg

Last edited:
Back