• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: 2001 Cherokee

Jeebs_1

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering selling my 2001 XJ. I want to see if I can get the kind of money out of it that I want before wasting a lot of time. Here are the stats and a couple of pictures.

123K on the clock
4.0, Auto, NP231
4.5" Rubicon Express SuperFlex w/Full leaf packs (less than 500 miles on lift)
Bilstein 5100 series shocks (less than 500 miles on shocks)
Rubicon Express SYE
Rubicon Express CV D/S
33" BFG Mud Terrain Tires (KM2 up front, older style rear)
Surco roof rack
Hella 500FF sets on rack and bumper
Pioneer Premier Stereo w/Infinity speakers, Planet Audio 10" subwoofer

I just did a basic tune-up. It was just that time. Everything works and it runs just fine. I had to have it smogged in November and it passed with flying colors so no concerns there.

I'm thinking of listing it for $5,500 OBO. The lift, shocks, SYE and DS are all practically new. The new KM2 tires were bought since the lift was put on. When I bought the others I thought I could get two more but they had been discontinued long enough for the surplus to be burned through.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5169.jpg

What gears are you running? Lockers front or rear? Factory axles? Any upgrades to the axles? Rock Sliders? Custom bumpers front or rear? Any body damage? Any upgrades to steering? Where is the Jeep located? Sorry if the pics answer some of these questions, but my work computer doesn't allow me to see the pics.

I just got home from work and can now see the pics. They answer some of the questions but not all. Still want to know gear ratio, axle work, and lockers. Also, are those the factory rims on 10.5" wide tires?

I just got home from work and can now see the pics. They answer some of the questions but not all. Still want to know gear ratio, axle work, and lockers. Also, are those the factory rims on 10.5" wide tires?

Both axles, including gears, are factory. I believe it is 3.55 gears from the factory but possibly 3.73. I haven't checked out the tag in a while. That was the next step in the process. They are 10.5" wide tires on the factory wheels. I have a new set of wheels with 4" of BS that are hanging out in my garage right now. I am hoping to get them mounted this weekend.

Both axles, including gears, are factory. I believe it is 3.55 gears from the factory but possibly 3.73. I haven't checked out the tag in a while. That was the next step in the process. They are 10.5" wide tires on the factory wheels. I have a new set of wheels with 4" of BS that are hanging out in my garage right now. I am hoping to get them mounted this weekend.

I have used the same formula for selling built offroad vehicles for my last 5 rigs and I was able to sale each one within $100 of the number. I go to Edmunds.com and get a "private party-Blue Book" Value. I then add up all the aftermarket crap I put on the rig and take 25% of that value and add it to the blue book value to come up with a total value. Some people say you can add 30% of the aftermarket value stuff, but I havn't found that to be accurate. Edmunds priced your exact rig in stock form at $4,770. From the list of stuff you listed I would guess you have spent about $3500. 25% of that is $875. Add that to $4,770 and you get $5,645. So to sum it up, your asking price of $5,500 is fair. But you have to take into consideration the horrible economy. There isn't nearly as many people out there right now looking for a weekend toy. Most people are trying to ditch their weekend toys to make there house payments. Taking into cosideration the economy I would think a fair deal for you would be about $5,000. If you are patient enough you should have no problem getting that amount and if the right buyer comes along you could very likely get that $5,500 mark. You will need to be very patient if $5,500 is your lowest number. That's my 2 cents. Hope this helped.

Heres the link to your blue book page:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2001/jeep/cherokee/100001369/options.html?tmvaction=vdpresult
you will need to input all the options your vehicle has. I clicked on the ones you listed or I saw in the pics. There may be a couple I missed which may raise the value of your vehicle a little.

Last edited:
how did yo like the 10.5's, they look narrow, but i am considering them for less rubbing and lighter weight

I like them just fine. They help quite a bit on the road, even a bit better fuel economy than my old YJ. You get used to the way they look pretty fast. I hardly notice any more.

Back