• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FedX can KMA!

i had the same thing happen .i just called them up and bitched about hows it sitting there and that it was parts that were needed ASAP and that i was losing money as i was talking on the phone.they will either get off their asses or tell you that you can come down and pick it up from the distributing center were it is at

oh well, this just bothers me knowing that it's just sitting there.

UPS, does not do this, if I ordered somthing from somewhere in California and paid for UPS ground instead of 3 day or over night at a much higher rate....I would still get it the next day, I do it all the time.

I called and asked if could come and get it and they sain no, even if I prove my address by my license....random.

If they ever give you static about something like this, tell them the shipment contains medical equipment. May have to escalate to a supervisor to get the OK to collect it, but it's interesting how fast their tone will change.

JoesXJ said:
:shocked: this is BS, I had something shipped to me from CSE Off Road ($68 Warn D30 skid w/ free shipping), it had an "estimated" delivery date of June 1. I went to track it and its been at the damn local fedx place for 2 days, they're gonna wait for the 1st to bring it to me....what a bunch of crap!

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us&action=track&language=english&tracknumbers=717771755366&

I feel ya man. Those a$$holes did the same to me, package was 20min from my house but i couldn't get it. It sat there for 3days. Never had that happen with UPS!

JoesXJ said:
:shocked: this is BS, I had something shipped to me from CSE Off Road ($68 Warn D30 skid w/ free shipping), it had an "estimated" delivery date of June 1. I went to track it and its been at the damn local fedx place for 2 days, they're gonna wait for the 1st to bring it to me....what a bunch of crap!

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=us&action=track&language=english&tracknumbers=717771755366&
STFU

Honestly, this is what you have to bitch about?

Boo friggity hoo

JoesXJ said:
UPS, does not do this,
Then explain to me why our packages shipped from PA to OH always seem to spend two days in Harrisburg for no particular reason.
It happens.
Again, if you pay for ground you'll get it when you get it.

When I ship something - I ship EXCLUSIVELY fedex -
They deliver to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, and Hawaii, and ive found they have resonable prices on heavy and bulky goods...
That and I have an account there that gets me aprox 10% off everything...

my expierence with FedEx ground has been -

If i ship something that doesnt really have a deadline, or I wont need for a while - It will be from Nebraska to CA in 3 days or less...

If i ship something that I need to be there in 3 days and think - well all the other times its gotten there in 3 days - then it takes 5...

Bitching about free shipping? come on...

Also remember that Sunday and Monday (memorial day) packages other than FedEx Express didnt move at all...

YMMV

mylt1 said:
complaining about free shipping. nice.

Isn't there a song to that effect on Ten Thousand Fists?

why and how the fawk do you'all think i'm bitching about free shipping, I would gladly pay for the damn shipping but hell, it was included. What bothers me is that its just sitting there for 2 days about 15 minutes from where I live and I cant even go get it. They "estimate" my delivery date as June 1, ESTIMATE means it can be early or late, its just an estimate, they had it, they could have brought it to me a little earlier... sheeze

And yes, UPS does suck, especially since they bought Motor Cargo, I never get my shit before 3 when they deliver it....but, my shit doesnt stay idle for 2 days either.

I used to work for Fedex, it sucked. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to go and pick it up. If you make enough noise about it they will let you come get it. What is happening is that the courrier that is supposed to deliver it to you is not allowed to take that package to you any earlier than the delivery date. This is because they hate to give you faster service than what you paid for. Plus Fedex ground sucks! they get really no support form corporate and the drivers are independant contractors, kinda like the snapon man. Sorry about your trouble, but complain loud enough to the right person and you should be able to get you stuff.

Paul

Your package was shipped Express Saver, which is three business days. And three business days from Friday is Thursday, June 1. Maybe, the management at that location is a real stickler for service commitment dates. Or maybe they are short handed and need to hold back Thursday packages for Thursday. Could be any number of reasons, Good customer service? Perhaps not. But they are following SOP.

The mindset at my station is...if the package arrives at our location, it gets delivered THAT DAY. For example, today I was delivering packages which weren't due until Thursday or Friday. So, in some cases, we are providing 3-day service in one day.

Be patient. Myself, I am waiting for a UPS ground package coming from Blue Torch in Alabama. :)

on a lighter side, JCR had this on thier site, though it was funny....

upstruck.jpg

Back