• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory fog wiring

JeffsJeep04

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to add fogs to my 98 XJ. I'd prefer to use the factory wiring and switch. Does anyone have a pic of the harness out of the vehicle so I know what to grab at a junk yard? Where does it plug into the main wiring harness?

I pulled a switch about a week ago to do the same thing. The wiring to the switch comes straight to the switch from the loom. I ended up just cutting off about 12 inches so I could atleast keep the connector.

The harnesses are different between those with fog lamps and those without.
If you want to keep the factory wiring, you will have to go find a factory loom with it built in.

The wiring harness for the Factory fog lamps is in the wiring loom unless like my XJ, it is not because it was added later. Wires run from switch to diverside firewall gromet. Them along the wireing harness in the engine bay to the fuse/relay box. Then down to front bumper and to each light. recommend if you want same harness and switch get it from the jeep dealer Fog light wiring Kit.

Alex

cherwirwebf.jpg

Back