• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabrication needed

Skullvarian said:
I have a 1.25 die and several 6-8ft lengths, RobertK will be bringing me a 1.75 and a 1.5 die set on the 2nd, I have several lengths of 1.75"x.120 and 1.5"x.120 DOM if nothing else works out. I also have a pre-bent hoop for a pre-runner tube bumper sitting here.
Chris

Chris do you have a pic of the prebent hoop? What diameter is it?

karstic said:
Chris do you have a pic of the prebent hoop? What diameter is it?
it is 1.75", let me get some dims real quick, it is mounted on a buddies scrapped bumper project so it could be hacked off and trimmed to fit(he is from Texas:)), if it is not quite the size you are looking for, or a new one could be bent really quick. I will post a pic and some dimensions here in a minute. Edit: here you go, it measure 18" high by 32"(center line) wide at the base.
IMG_0120.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Chris

Let me take some measurements off the Jeep tonight. I think I
want a new one made. Do you have 1.5" tubing also or just 1.25"?

Would you be around the 10th for me to pick it up?

karstic said:
Sorry Chris

Let me take some measurements off the Jeep tonight. I think I
want a new one made. Do you have 1.5" tubing also or just 1.25"?

Would you be around the 10th for me to pick it up?
no worries, Robert will be dropping the die sets off Friday, I have about 30ft of 1.5", and about the same in 1.75 and 1.25, it is up to you what diam, just give me some dimensions and I'll bend it up in a flash, should be around the 10th, just give some advance. Talk to you soon.

Here's the dimensions Chris

gallery_138_32_5677.jpg

karstic said:
Here's the dimensions Chris

gallery_138_32_5677.jpg
perfect, do you need the ends cut at any specific angle or notched? or I can leave the ends long so you can trim to fit, either way no prob.

you missed the obviuos question there Chris.. Are those inside, outside or center line dimensions? ;)

ROBERTK said:
you missed the obviuos question there Chris.. Are those inside, outside or center line dimensions? ;)
hehe, thanks for looking out, I asked him in his previous pm for centerline:), how was the vacation?

Centerline dimensions, leave the ends an inch or so long and I'll cut for fit.

karstic said:
Centerline dimensions, leave the ends an inch or so long and I'll cut for fit.
left the ends around 1.5" long, here you go, had to get it done as my bender lives outside and it is supposed to rain, no fun bending in the rain. See you Saturday.
Chris
IMG_0153.jpg

Now if this was going to be used for a light bar, I would sure think that there would be light mounting tabs welded to that thing?? :twak: lol

ROBERTK said:
Now if this was going to be used for a light bar, I would sure think that there would be light mounting tabs welded to that thing?? :twak: lol
he said bend, and leave long for trimming, nothing about tabs, although it is quite easy and i do have some tabs, I am assuming he has all the tools but the bender and wants to do the rest himself. I guess the appropriate thread title would have been " I need two quick bends and a 4-ft length of 1.75"x.120 DOM"??

Skullvarian said:
he said bend, and leave long for trimming, nothing about tabs, although it is quite easy and i do have some tabs, I am assuming he has all the tools but the bender and wants to do the rest himself. I guess the appropriate thread title would have been " I need two quick bends and a 4-ft length of 1.75"x.120 DOM"??

I know, just given ya some crap..

Thanks Chris and Robert shut up.

As far as light tabs go, I'm not sure at which angle to the bumper the bar will be mounted so tabs will be added later. I have someone that can do the welding.

Thanks Chris, nice meeting you on Saturday.

I'll get a pic posted up when it gets welded on.

karstic said:
Thanks Chris, nice meeting you on Saturday.

I'll get a pic posted up when it gets welded on.
happy I could help out, nice meeting you to, I'll be looking for those pics, let me know if you ever need anything else, I would love to pawn off some of my junk:)

Skullvarian said:
happy I could help out, nice meeting you to, I'll be looking for those pics, let me know if you ever need anything else, I would love to pawn off some of my junk:)

cool got any 2.5 or 3 bypass coil overs you care to "pawn off" :looney:

ROBERTK said:
cool got any 2.5 or 3 bypass coil overs you care to "pawn off" :looney:
they don't make bypass coilovers:), but I do happen to have a set of dual rate Kings(14" travel) 250/350, 2.5 race series, I would be willing to pawn off for the right amount over $1k,

Back