• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fabed my own long arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shomsky462 said:
no adjustable, they are fixed arms, measured extremely careful and notched with a grinder, then welded to the joints.
You should have made them adjustable,nothing is that perfect.Its pretty rough but it will work!

lilgreen said:
You keep thinkin that bud. He may have reinforced the mounting points but he is still counting on his set up to hold up offroad? The first hit that dinky crossmember takes, he is done. Nice welds, and hope you are planning on doing something with your stock lower mounts

Wow, that really shows just how immature you must be... As for 1/4" steel... not many or any people I know build anything out of steel thicker than 1/4"... It's just not needed....

Yep... his welds could use some work.. but as long as the penetration's there it's not going anywhere... Who knows he may have stick welded it..

EDIT: yeah I'd make atleast one end of each arm adjustable.... you'll be much happier in the long run...

So, Pologuy.. are you running full length uppers? And I would plate the bottom of the LCA mounts at the axle... It looks like it'll function fine but needs a little TLC....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my DD
7.jpg

And here is my project
IMG_0088.jpg

ZacSquatch said:
In a radius arm set-up, yes. Rusty's and TnT utilize this design as well.

Now his Is a lil more like RK, except he has 4 links... He might as well drop the passenger side UCA and make it a 3 link.

And he used square tube, unconventional but still effective.
On the rk kit the lca and uca mount on drivers side is one piece, doesn't use stock location of the uca.

This thread makes my head hurt. To everyone saying that that looks good I ask what are you looking at?! :confused1

ZacSquatch said:
In a radius arm set-up, yes. Rusty's and TnT utilize this design as well.

Now his Is a lil more like RK, except he has 4 links... He might as well drop the passenger side UCA and make it a 3 link.

And he used square tube, unconventional but still effective.

aside from the fact that his suspension geomotery is all f@cked up.......he would need to lengthen the upper arm to run it like the RK setup....not in the stock location

I don't understand why someone posts up basically "Look at MY fabbed long arms" and then him AND his buddy get all butt hurt and talk shit when people criticize it.

Dude, keep your shit off the web if you don't want people to give their opinions. Its cool to make your own stuff and CAN turn out better than the manufactured stuff if you do your research but without people giving there opinions about stuff you might have overlooked something and someone might save your life. Why do you think the major manufacturers test a lot before releasing a kit? Good luck with it!!!

silverslk said:
I don't understand why someone posts up basically "Look at MY fabbed long arms" and then him AND his buddy get all butt hurt and talk shit when people criticize it.

so what shit am i talking?

i have no problem with people critizing my work. thats kinda why i posted it to see wut people would improve on. i know its not done and i have to connect the uppers on the lowers. i dont need them attached to bottoms for street wheeling(aka DD). its crude but it runs which is wut i need rite now.

basically i have done the whole lift for under $600, so try and put that into perspective.

the jeep has been named the "janky tank" so now flame away

Good luck with your pinion angle when you droop the axle, if you are using the stock position UCA mounts. Why have a long LCA's and a short UCA's???
You need to run longer UCA's , almost as long as your LCA's otherwise whats the point?

EDIT: dont worry about what i said. I missed the post where you said you were going to radius arm. Doh!!

Last edited:
I like it. Stuck to a budget, achieved what he wanted with his own skills. Yes, does need some fine tuning but he knows that. Great job overall. I might have missed it but your planning on chopping those stock lower control arm mounts off right?

X2, i bet he feels cool now :rolleyes:

alexer03 said:
why on earth did lilgreen post up pictures of his dd and trail rig?

that dd is nice... someone has cash

alexer03 said:
why on earth did lilgreen post up pictures of his dd and trail rig?

that dd is nice... someone has cash

There was a post right above mine from someone that said, "dont knock someones ride until you have actually see it, and what do you drive?" I posted the pictures and then an hour later the previous post was gone. Would it make you feel better if i deleted my other post just so i dont think i am "cool"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back