• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exo Cage using square tubing Q's

Yea, I am talking notch weld.
And I don't have a roof, but I still have the rear of the MJ cab.... I'm keeping it intact for taco reasons.

Back to the manual benders??
How much are these suckers? Where to buy them?

barillms said:
How much are these manual benders? And what are their capabilities?
Bend 90s? I'm just trying to figure what would be easiest for me at my house with the tools I have. If I can notch a piece of square, bend it... weld the notch shut this seems way easier. I have an MJ and this exo cage I'm planning to do isn't going to be very complicated. It'll be functional.
I have no front fenders or anything, no roof, no doors. I need some support.

As far as getting hung up on things, I don't care. I'll rip the bark right off the trees. We don't have huge boulders in Ohio. Anyway, I'll put KY Jelly on my cage before I go out so I can slip and slide my way throught the tight stuff.

It seems like being new to bending round tube, you would have alot of wasted material when you mess up the angles.

You can search and you will find out everything you want to know about tube bending. But I just ordered my bender monday. Also there is bending software " I just loaded it tonight" that tells you any and everything about bending tubing. it is bendtech ez3d tubing bending software. Google it. However A bender with 2 dies, I bought the 1.5 and 1.75 dies for around 800.00 This was the JD2 Model 3 bender. One of the best on the market, you can easily upgrade it to hydro also. And the quality of your work speaks a lot by how you build something. Take your time, think it through.

Back