• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Excited new owner of an XJ!

davidh

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I just bought an XJ this week and can't wait to take it to the mountains tomorrow. anyways...to my question. Unfortunately, it doesnt have a factory roof rack. It only has the two metal slides on each side that basically run the length of the doors and I'm not exactly sure whether cross bars go on the sliders or if roof rails attatch to them and then you attach the cross bars to the rails. I really hope this is making sense, because as I read it back, I am kind of confusing myself. Basically, I want to mount a safari style rack and I have no way of mounting it right now. I would post some pics, but I don't really know how to do that either. Any help you guys could give me would be awesome.

I prefer mounting a safri rack with gutter rail mounts rather than the factory luggage rack, that way the rack dosn't sit so high off of the roof. I think it looks better too, and the gutter rails seem to carry more weight if you are going the load the rack up with camping gear. Thats just my.02

Back