• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event stuff we need to talk about.......

Nicest bunch of Elitists I've ever met. Nuff said.

Yet another naxja thread gone sour. What a surprise!!!

Actually, I think a lot has been cleared up. I don't see this thread as negative, the topic of the thread was to work some things out. Those who had bitches got to make them, those who got bitched at got to answer the bitching, facts got straightened out, misconceptions got dealt with, and many of us got to know and understand each other better. That's all good.

The reality of the situation at the event was that it was pretty good. The guns going off wasn't when many people were around. I was in camp as much as any (other than the drunks who never left :D), and I never heard any gunfire. I woke up once and heard talking at 3 am, but that didn't bother me, however the generater running all night did bother me. I've been camping in big groups before, and some things are just going to happen. At any time someone can leave the heater running with poor batteries and the generator kicks on, we don't like it but oh well. All the trail runs went very well, very minimal breakage considering how many rigs. We had a great time at dinner, had a good raffle that was a lot of fun. We did some fun night runs, spent plenty of time hanging with friends. It was a good time.

The few negatives have had way more attention drawn to them here than they deserve, and tend to give the impression that they were major deals, which they were not.

I think a few simple camp rules for next year would be a good thing, like Ford Guy posted up, and everything will be wonderful.

I think a few simple camp rules for next year would be a good thing, like Ford Guy posted up, and everything will be wonderful.

:cheers::cheers:

Hey dont trip I will camp at pioneertown next time :) They had nice scenary and I dont have to make my own drinks :thumbup:

and on the run, again I will stick to the back and not influence... :D

Actually, I think a lot has been cleared up. I don't see this thread as negative, the topic of the thread was to work some things out. Those who had bitches got to make them, those who got bitched at got to answer the bitching, facts got straightened out, misconceptions got dealt with, and many of us got to know and understand each other better. That's all good.

The reality of the situation at the event was that it was pretty good.

The few negatives have had way more attention drawn to them here than they deserve, and tend to give the impression that they were major deals, which they were not.

strongly agreed.

btw richard,
i fell asleep very early last night. missed a few phone calls, one may have been yours.

Dont know if your getting at the group of us in the rear not waiting for opie or not? But for clarification, I was told by two people that opie just told them to go ahead cause he would Not be returning.

no, I wasnt referring to your group. I was mostly referring to the leading group ahead of me. :)

All i know is i had fun on my second naxja event thanks to everyone who helped me on the trail and the waterfall. And thanks to everyone that put on the event. I made it home and had fun in the process.

ok to clear up the whole shotgun thing... it was mine. i shot a few rounds, like 2 or 3, at a target that was about 10 feet away at a downward angle... it was 8 shot, it probably went about 20 feet past the target... and those 5 shots that were heard was this other marine i know but had no idea was going to be out there for this event.

i didnt realize that it was such a big deal at the time... im around guns all the time, im in a guns platoon in artillery, so no im not a grunt but whatever. i really didnt think it was that load and bothersome. someone should have just told us to take it elsewhere. so i appologize for that and it wont happen from me again.

i had plans to go out there with one of my other friends... i have no idea how so many other marines in our unit got out there. i am embarassed to even affiliate myself with them when they are off work and drinking. i cant even begin to describe how much stupid shit they do when theyre drunk... so i appologize for theyre stupid and idiotic acts.

i didnt know that they all got kicked out of the BSC group. thats rediculous. i dont know what i was doing, but definitely wasnt involved in that...

i love cherokees and comanches more than anything i think, i spend all the money i have on improving mine, wheelin, etc... i dont want to make a bad impression on naxja. ive wheeled with naxja fokes a few times before and had a great time each time. everyone is always helping others and its a great community that i would like to continue to be a part of without being known as the idiot marine shooting shit with his idiot friends...

as far as people saying things like hes a marine, God help us.... are you serious? do you even know who i am or what kind of person i am. and what does this whole situation have to do anything about the marine corps? please leave that kinda stuff out of it

thank you
-Shomsky

as far as people saying things like hes a marine, God help us.... are you serious? do you even know who i am or what kind of person i am. and what does this whole situation have to do anything about the marine corps? please leave that kinda stuff out of it

thank you
-Shomsky

i personally didnt see you do anything retarded.

ill give you another chance. come out to a bsc event or another naxja event.

personally i hate most marines that fit the mold they portrayed so were in the same boat.

see you arond man.

So far from this thread which is getting painfull at this point... I have come to the conclusion...
The buggy guys are Elitests because they can afford to build some kick ass buggies and their wives let them do it, even though their wives own their elitist asses after these events. (BTW, I had no sense of that impression this year)
So start saving your pennies cuz the only way to join the "elitists" group and get to hang is to have a jeep that can hang with them on the rocks. I for one do not feel Richard, Dave, Matt, Paul, Jess, Andy and whoever else looking down at me. saturday night, I drove out to the top of BD and hicked up the hill. Then I got involved with helping pull winch lines and and securing tow straps. They don't give me the stink eye unless I'm being a total asshat. But for some strange reason, I am always greeted with a firm handshake and a smile when I walk up.
I've been guilty of many things in the past from running my tiny little honda generator all night to getting sick from exessive drunkeness.
But one thing people need to understand. and don't gimme the "its a big desert" Bullshit. Its not the fact that its a big desert. Its not how drunk you are. If your old enough to drink, then your old enough to have a fucking clue. Every camp has a status. If your camped 50 yards from the main camp then you need to recognize that camps general ambience and match it. And this is a practice I think I have allways followed. Its like the dumbass that used to drive through the condo complex at midnight with the windows down and the stereo cranked.
Being cool in the desert doesn't mean how drunk and rowdy you can get. Being cool in the desert means how social of an attitude you have.
Yes, Ben needs to drink less. He didn't even remember punching me in the face or bitch slapping me. But we are cool. (and I didn't punch you in the dick at my B-day party. I grabbed your junk just to see how high you would jump.) I dare him/you to go a weekend without drinking at all! I stayed sober on saturday night and I had an absolute blast. This comming from the guy the has supplied the group with vast amounts of high gravity beer in the past.
BSC, you guys are all good.
The gun thing. I don't care if your firing it. Yes away from camp is a good idea. But not at all is even better.
One of these days, someone is gonna get pissed and people are really gonna get hurt. I prefer to do my getting hurt on the trail or around the bed of my truck at my own will. Ben, thanks for not trying to wrestle me to the ground I'm not as young and limber as I used to be. But I wasn't happy about getting hit either. But you and I will talk and work it out. I still love ya man and I care about everyone otherwise I would just ignore you and defriend you. But thats not the case.
Rather than being a chanker sore, I want everyone to like me. And I want to like everyone. We have something in common so lets stay friends. I share alot of my stuff, thats why I bring it. Whether its beer, my welder or my bitch seat people are allways welcome. I'm just glad nobody found my bottle of Stone Epic 07-07-07 when I was sleeping friday night. That would have pissed me off.
can this thread end anytime soon.
people know that people are pissed. some fingers have been pointed and some defenses have been made. Some changes will happen next year and some things will be done differently.
as for now. Lets just get over it.

Well said Ryan!

It was good seeing you again. Your jeep always makes mine look good ;)

ok to clear up the whole shotgun thing... it was mine. i shot a few rounds, like 2 or 3, at a target that was about 10 feet away at a downward angle... it was 8 shot, it probably went about 20 feet past the target... and those 5 shots that were heard was this other marine i know but had no idea was going to be out there for this event.

i didnt realize that it was such a big deal at the time... im around guns all the time, im in a guns platoon in artillery, so no im not a grunt but whatever. i really didnt think it was that load and bothersome. someone should have just told us to take it elsewhere. so i appologize for that and it wont happen from me again.

i had plans to go out there with one of my other friends... i have no idea how so many other marines in our unit got out there. i am embarassed to even affiliate myself with them when they are off work and drinking. i cant even begin to describe how much stupid shit they do when theyre drunk... so i appologize for theyre stupid and idiotic acts.

i didnt know that they all got kicked out of the BSC group. thats rediculous. i dont know what i was doing, but definitely wasnt involved in that...

i love cherokees and comanches more than anything i think, i spend all the money i have on improving mine, wheelin, etc... i dont want to make a bad impression on naxja. ive wheeled with naxja fokes a few times before and had a great time each time. everyone is always helping others and its a great community that i would like to continue to be a part of without being known as the idiot marine shooting shit with his idiot friends...

thank you
-Shomsky

Since I was the one who posted the god help us comment, I'll respond.

You forget I have met you in person, on the Rubicon. You didn't hang out long, and had your Jeep towed because you were too scared to drive it home. I also remember you getting repeatedly flamed in the Sierra Chapter forum for being a retard. The god help us comment was directed at you due to the lack of good judgment shown by you and your buddies. Seriously, did you really think that shooting that close to camp was a good idea? Regardless of what the type of gun or direction of fire, that was piss poor judgment in my eyes. Why should someone have to tell you what anyone with a bit of common sense should already know, go somewhere else to shoot your guns.

The other problem I see is you not taking the time to talk to your buddies and try to settle them down a bit. If the BSC crew threw them out of their camp then I appreciate their efforts in trying to help out the situation however they could. That was far more than what you did.

I have never been in the service and I have a great deal of respect for those who serve, but if this is the caliber of people that the military has then we are all screwed. Thankfully I can only assume you and your buddies are the exception rather than the rule.

You are still young and have a lot of learning to do regarding good judgment and common sense. This should be your first lesson. Actions speak louder than words. Saying sorry after the fact is not the same thing as never doing it at all.

Hey Shomsky,
Here's the solution: Next time you come out, keep it a secret!! Can't really expect you to ride herd on any marines from your unit. You can help try to control your friends, but I'd laugh if someone told me to talk sense into some of my coworkers that were drunk and belligerent. My coworkers that are friends? Hell yeah I'll try and help. The others that I don't know well? No thanks, not me... staying away now!

You seemed to be all right when I talked to you on the route to Back Door (when you helped pull Grimm out) and at the top of After Shock (when you moved off with your gun when asked).

Hope to see you on the trail again sometime. Just don't let the cretins know where we are!!
Carol

if this is the caliber of people that the military has then we are all screwed. IF YOU REALLY FEEL THAT WAY, THEN GO JOIN AND IF YOU ARE SO HIGH A CALIBER RASE THE STANDARDS!!!

Saying sorry after the fact is not the same thing as never doing it at all. BUT ITS A START AND BETTER THAN DOING NOTHING!!!
I dont know either of you but i am seeing more class and style coming from the marine

i wish i would have made it out there but real life takes precedence

I dont know either of you but i am seeing more class and style coming from the marine

x2

This isn't clubmed folks. It take a special individual to go into battle knowing they might not come back but thinking they were trained so well that they won't be hurt. I served in the military and don't appreciate these types on comments. God doesn't help you (with the freedom you enjoy)......the military does.

Back