• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek: 6/7

Will I need a forest pass? If so.. One will cover tow rig & jeep...?
I was actually going to make a post about this today. Like Joe said, Evans Creek is on national forest land, which means you will need a Northwest Forest Pass (not a Discover).

They're available from the Chevron in Burnett, which is usually the last stop for gas too. Day passes are ~$5 and a one year pass is $30. One pass will cover both tow rig and Jeep.

I'll also try and get some directions to the campground posted soon for those who aren't familiar with the area.

Sounds like it's going to be a good time!

I need to get the exhaust manifold replaced and figure out a misfire.....
mr-t-time-meme-generator-get-back-to-work-fool-fc0cc7.jpg

Bump, we're getting close.

I'm stoked for this weekend. However, this is looking like it's going to be a Fri-Sat trip for TORX. I'll probably wheel all day Saturday, and jet back in the evening.

For those who are not familiar with the area, here's some directions from the Buckley Chevron. This is a good place to top off on gas, and purchase your Northwest Forest Pass.

Buckley Chevron
14204 Washington 165
Buckley, WA 98321

From the Buckley Chevron continue on Hwy 165. Continue on Hwy 165 for several miles, and eventually you will come to a one lane bridge. After the bridge you'll come to a Y in the road. Stay right, and continue up the hill on Hwy 165. This is where the pavement ends and the gravel begins. Follow the main road for a few bumpy miles, and eventually the main staging area for Evans Creek will be on your left (big sign, you can't miss it).

This is also known as the "lower" staging area, and is day use only. Continue through the staging area for a couple miles. You'll cross a narrow wash, and the "upper" day use area will be visible on the left. Stay right, and the entrance to the campground is about a hundred yards up the road on the right.

I'm hoping to have the Jeep packed and ready to go by Friday. Meaning, after work all I will need to do is rig swap, and hit up the grocery store. Anyone want to caravan up?

I work should be crossing the glen Jackson at about 3:15p

What time are you guys planning??

It's going to be hard for me to make this trip, but I'm going to do my best to be there.

I'm trying. I plan to learn to weld tonight. Then I plan to weld up the two huge holes in my frame tomorrow night and pack the Jeep. Then I plan to sneak out of work early Friday afternoon and come camping. We'll see how it goes.

Damn, I had it in my head that this was a Sunday only trip, ad was planning in going Sunday. . Hmm.

Damn, I had it in my head that this was a Sunday only trip, ad was planning in going Sunday. . Hmm.
Yeah, you should just make a weekend out of it. Load that pig up, and come join us tomorrow night.

For anyone heading out Saturday. Meet us in the campground, and lets plan to be on heading out for the trails 9:30ish.

CB 4

Back