• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

End of life.

Build a new one .!. :D .!.

Ugh, I was waiting for the "roll over red" bit. That really is a superstition, and a plain-out myth. I've seen a few Jeeps on their side, in person, and quite a bit more on here. Most are white or silver. :D

Anyhow, yea, SlimsXJ (Dave) put his on its side on Cleghorn, with similar damage. He replaced that pilar and you can hardly tell. But I understand you just wanting to start over lol.

Remember, get anything but red. !!!1

I'd just have it fixed and repainted with all the dents removed. I'd rather spend some money on body work than spend it on another vehicle and all the time and labor you'll have building another rig. I rolled mine (Cal's) at JV and it needed a whole new roof and one new door. Much more damage than yours looks like. I got the roof and door from a junk yard and I shopped around for a body shop that would do it for a reasonable price. All new top, fixed all the dents, and a fresh paint job. (well, it also had the back cut off of it at the same time, but it would have been fixed back to stock).

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Codyyy,

that's my jeep you're talking about and no, It's too far gone to be made even trail only, at least with my resources. I got an 89 mj to put all the stuff on but it needs repairs of its own before I start. the engine compartment is like a foot narrower then it used to be and the doors don't really open. totally tweaked chassis.

if you're debating between fixing a lightly flopped one or replacing it, I'd say fix it if you can. It's your baby and the swap thing is so much work. besides, a bit of body damage is fashionable!

cheers to gettin sideways!

Dan

Codyyy,

that's my jeep you're talking about and no, It's too far gone to be made even trail only, at least with my resources. I got an 89 mj to put all the stuff on but it needs repairs of its own before I start. the engine compartment is like a foot narrower then it used to be and the doors don't really open. totally tweaked chassis.

if you're debating between fixing a lightly flopped one or replacing it, I'd say fix it if you can. It's your baby and the swap thing is so much work. besides, a bit of body damage is fashionable!

cheers to gettin sideways!

Dan
If the unibody frame is tweaked I can see you wanting to build it into that. I've never seen it up close, just drove by. I would say if the sides are just tweaked you could pull it out but with unibody frame damage you might as well swap everything.

Sorry to hear about your rig. I am glad to hear everyone was ok! Sounds like to me like new build time, or trail rig that thing...

Might I suggest a different color for the next one? something a bit less "roll over red"?

So there is going to be a price for movie night admision now huh?

Haha, we get to wait til he's drunk and pull his transfercase again. :) This time we won't put it on craigslist though.

Honestly my A pillar was pretty bad, took a high lift and a little winching and I was able to put a new windshield in with no leaks or wind noise. Just some food for thought.

Here is a pic right after the roll:

roll1.jpg

Sorry to hear about your rig Kevin.
You know I'm in for whatever you decide to do.
You do know I have an red 88 right behind the garage.
Bone stock, perfect interior and body.

Very special price to you my friend!

:D

thats a bummer kevin, glad you are ok,......i honestly would just fix it, my jeep is super clean and i kind of wish it wasnt, i worry way too much about body damage, just my oponion. but if you do swap it lets have a build party!

Kevin, if you're interested, I know of a 1995 4.0/AW4 with a bad motor for real cheap. It's a 2dr/2wd which may work if you're gonna swap everything anyway. It's local to you, and just sitting there.

Kevin, if you're interested, I know of a 1995 4.0/AW4 with a bad motor for real cheap. It's a 2dr/2wd which may work if you're gonna swap everything anyway. It's local to you, and just sitting there.

HEY!'
I'm trying to get rid of my old rig first!
Wait your turn.

Now Kevin, lets talk about that red four door I have in the back yard...

:D

Sorry to hear it, at least this weekend shows some entertainment promise. :looney:

I'd agree that fixing it shouldn't be a big deal. I didn't damage my A pillar as bad but some portapower work on the roof and a lot of hammering of the rain gutter fixed most of it. Holly did demand a cage after this though.

Note the color.

kordaroll01.jpg

Sorry to hear it, at least this weekend shows some entertainment promise. :looney:

I'd agree that fixing it shouldn't be a big deal. I didn't damage my A pillar as bad but some portapower work on the roof and a lot of hammering of the rain gutter fixed most of it. Holly did demand a cage after this though.

Note the color.

kordaroll01.jpg
Were you trying to get a poser shot on that rock?

Note color of bumper in avatar.

Sorry to hear about the rig Kevin.

Back