• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Cooling Fans

Blaine B. said:
I didn't notice an improvement. Of couse I'm sure there is one, I just never noticed.
Is it flying yet ? 3 fans, air pushed inward and down, I guess.

The center and passenger side fans are on their own thermostat controller. The fan on the driver's side is hooked up to the OEM electric fan setup. It never comes on, never needs too.

After my clutch fan hit my radiator, I wanted a permanent fix. And this was my idea. It works very well! I'm going to work on hood vents eventually, but you're right, the airflow goes down for now (you can really feel it)

All 3 fans on with headlights, foglights, blower motor on max, and A/C on......still at 12.8 volts at the battery. Although the stupid volt gauge in the gauge cluster shows less, it's full of crap. Don't trust that, use a good meter.

ive tried running in a mud bog(skunkbottom.com) and i've noticed overheating high temps... i mean boilin over, needle so far past red it doesnt even tell you how hot it is(never saw that gauge go so high so fast)... i'm runnin 4loPT so my revs are high and the airflow is only pulled by the fan.. would an electric fan make a big difference as far as keeping the temp even at somewhat normal levels? everyone that has the taurus fan only says they need to run one of them, is it that good? is it a worthwhile upgrade? possibly going to remove the condensor and put in a bigger rad and electric fans but if the fans work i wont need the radiator

If you radiator is getting plugged up with mud then any fan you fit wont make any difference at all.

Back