• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

East coast guy in a west coast world.

if anyone wants to borrow my blue beacon light that i had out at goat fest hit me up, it sure makes finding camp easy in the dark, and its visible for over a mile. it can also run off the car battery all night without draining it, it'll run off anything from 8v to 80v :cheers:

if anyone wants to borrow my blue beacon light that i had out at goat fest hit me up, it sure makes finding camp easy in the dark, and its visible for over a mile. it can also run off the car battery all night without draining it, it'll run off anything from 8v to 80v :cheers:

It is very bright and annoying and can be seen from some very far distances at night!!

i can vouch for that light after coming back from "THE DUNES" lol

i can vouch for that light after coming back from "THE DUNES" lol

are you refering to the west side of means dry lake bed?
im no jv slut, but i think i know what your talking about!
i had to turn around last time i was there, (had a front shock bushing dissapear)

well KOH forum is down. I have planned on going out there for this for some time now. Hey Rich, how many are in the NAXJA camp for this? I know its going to be chaos out there in finding ANYTHING you want and everything you never seen. BUt if me and my buddy could pull up and kick it with at least one or two familier faces that would be great! I will be towing the XJ out just to get around and maybe a trail on fri night. But wont be there will either thurs evening or fri morning, and heading home sat. Sleeping in my EX and my buddy either in a tent or prolly in the bed of his tundra.

We have an assigned camping/staging/pit location in the main race camp. We are being positioned in our starting order, so on the morning of the race we stage right at our camp. We have a 40' x 100' section. There is also a designated section for the LCQ teams to camp, so we'll use that area as overflow since Dave is in the LCQ. That area is right next to the designated sites. We'll figure out before the race who's going to be where, but we'll more than fill up our area with people, rigs, and RV's.

We'll probably need to hear from everyone who's coming out and figure a general area so all the SoCal folks can hang together. That blinking blue light could help folks locate the camp if someone could bring it. The main race camp, and the start/finish line, is going to be in the NW corner of the lake, closest to Backdoor, which is exactly where we camp for the Rockin' XJ Jamboree.

I'll be there all week. Bringing two XJ's and the RV with the enclosed trailer.
Pop up shade, coolers, keg of Stone Double Arrogant Bastard.
This years event will be four times as large as last years and I plan on taking it all in!!

See you all out there (I'll stake off a large area if need be.)

Rick

That blinking blue light could help folks locate the camp if someone could bring it.
just let me know who to give it to. i can give it to cal, i should see him before the race happens anyway. as long as i get it back its yours to use, im happy to help :cheers:

We'll probably need to hear from everyone who's coming out and figure a general area so all the SoCal folks can hang together. That blinking blue light could help folks locate the camp if someone could bring it. The main race camp, and the start/finish line, is going to be in the NW corner of the lake, closest to Backdoor, which is exactly where we camp for the Rockin' XJ Jamboree.

:wave1:

:D

im not sure i just know it was one hell of a walk...
are you refering to the west side of means dry lake bed?
im no jv slut, but i think i know what your talking about!
i had to turn around last time i was there, (had a front shock bushing dissapear)

I live 10 miles from race site, i plan on attending and look forward to meeting folks. been a desert rat since 1982. you most likely have enough help, but in case you don't am avaliable to help out with whatever thursday and friday.

Isn't there a small grocery store in Lucerne Valley?

I'll be there all week. Bringing two XJ's and the RV with the enclosed trailer.
Pop up shade, coolers, keg of Stone Double Arrogant Bastard.
This years event will be four times as large as last years and I plan on taking it all in!!

See you all out there (I'll stake off a large area if need be.)

Rick

I am bringing my Excursion and 16ft trailer with my jeep on it and a turndra. Please tape off a city block! haha no really though the ex is like a small RV as you know so if you can tape me off some space that would be awesome! I will be there Thursday about 10PM most likely, if not then fri about 6am.

Back channel me the Coords if you can or text them to me. I can PM you my #...

Yes there is a grocery store in lucerne valley. and it is also a ACE hardware store.the valerjo in flamingo heights 247 ,also has a small meat market and carries about everything they can cram in it. or you can go a bit further and go into Yucca.

Ill be out there from Thursday night through Sunday...staying with Rick.

Se ya out there!

:D

Back