• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dynomax Buller Muffler Arrived!

Not to high-jack but got a question on straight through exhausts. What about Magnaflow's design then? That is a straight through and a lot of people love those. I have been looking at them, should I go another route?

x2 i wanna run one as well but use 2.25" tubing so the is some.. restriction

so good idea or bad?

On restriction:
the exhaust pulses get into a tuned frequency that changes with exhaust piping diameter. As these pulses hit each other at different points in the system, they come into a sweet spot where each pulse just speeds up the rest of the exhaust flow - the exhaust system effectively begins to "suck" all the exhaust from the engine. It is this sweet spot where you produce optimum power. With smaller exhaust on our 4.0s, this sweet spot occurs lower in the RPM range.
This isn't the same as saying you get more power with a smaller exhaust or that wide-open exhaust systems are going to "rob" you of power. Less restrictive systems are going to hit that sweet spot higher in the RPM range and you'll have better mid range or top end. For most of us, this isn't the ideal for wheeling - we want as much power down low as possible. It comes at the expense of higher end power, though - any restriction (such as you'd find when the 4.0 is screaming at 4k RPM) is going to rob horsepower somewhere in the range.

I think the video sounds just like my cherry bomb I am not taking shots but not much differance in the sound. I like my glass pack never had any issues with them on any of my trucks. They are cheap and do the trick. My opinion the flowmasters have a better sound.

I think the video sounds just like my cherry bomb I am not taking shots but not much differance in the sound. I like my glass pack never had any issues with them on any of my trucks. They are cheap and do the trick. My opinion the flowmasters have a better sound.
The only problem with a glass pack is that they have no spark arrestor and therefore aren't allowed in many wheeling areas.

I like the sound of my straight piped Nissan, but I plan on adding a muffler of some sort so that I don't have to worry once I get into its new usage cruising the desert to clean up trash left behind by careless people.

The only problem with a glass pack is that they have no spark arrestor and therefore aren't allowed in many wheeling areas.

What do you think a catalytic converter does?!?

On a side note, I got the muffler today and honestly I don't see how this thing will muffle anything. I hope it makes my exhaust quieter as it is way too loud with just the cat.

Crumbles and sends sparks of burning catalyst out the tailpipe?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
A qualified spark arrester must be properly installed and maintained in effective working condition. Motor trucks, truck tractors, buses, and passenger vehicles, except motorcycles, are exempt from the spark arrester requirement provided that the exhaust system is equipped with a muffler, as defined in the Vehicle Code.[/FONT]

Link to Forest Service site

Last edited:
Which tends to happen when you wheel on rocks...;) Not to mention that it is required by the Forest Service. That's the main reason I am wanting to put a muffler on my Nissan...we catch fire out here often enough, I don't need to increase that risk, even a fraction.

Back