• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durhamtown Tellico....

I've got some work to do before we go. I tried to start mine the other day when it snowed and even with the 220 amp booster hooked to it, it would barely turn over. I got it started today and immediately figured out why it wouldn't budge the other day; alternator is locked down solid. So I'm going to PAP tkmorrow to snag a 97-98 ZJ unit for the amp upgrade. This Jeep REALLY needs to have the wiring gone through because the PO turned it into a wiring nightmare under the hood. Not sure if I'll have enough time to fix it before the trip, but it'll definitely get fixed as soon as it warms up a bit.

I also want to (finally) install my frame rail stiffeners and do the rocker cutout and cage tie-ins.

I've got some work to do before we go. I tried to start mine the other day when it snowed and even with the 220 amp booster hooked to it, it would barely turn over. I got it started today and immediately figured out why it wouldn't budge the other day; alternator is locked down solid. So I'm going to PAP tkmorrow to snag a 97-98 ZJ unit for the amp upgrade. This Jeep REALLY needs to have the wiring gone through because the PO turned it into a wiring nightmare under the hood. Not sure if I'll have enough time to fix it before the trip, but it'll definitely get fixed as soon as it warms up a bit.

I also want to (finally) install my frame rail stiffeners and do the rocker cutout and cage tie-ins.

I do too.... I'm not familiar with that upgrade. I forgot to mention also that the old Cabin Steve had were kept by the guy that bought it from Steve. They are right next door and called Beaver Damn Cabins. Well at least that is what I was told.

Looks like Dale is now a maybe. Ghost, Mike, What was his username on here? Anyone invite Kevin or Woody?

Woody Doesn't currently have a jeep just a bike I believe. I'm friends with him on FB and bought his old red xj. IDK about Kevin at all.

Yep it was Roxjeeper. Dale doesn't have a jeep at the moment either. He will need to ride with us. cool.

Nothing is ever easy with this XJ........:doh:

Got the ZJ alternator in, and not only was my old one locked up, the case was also cracked

And my "pinion yoke replacement" job spiraled out of control fairly quickly after realizing the last one I got from the junkyard wasn't flat on the backside...so no drilling it for u-bolts and it removed too much material when I tried to spot face it for nut clearance.

After suffering the axle shaft & bearing failure last year, it was no surprise to find that the carrier bearing races and adjusters were galled, and also the pinion bearings were so rough that I could barely read the torque wrench due to the needle jumping and vibrating. I suspect the carrier caps were swapped side to side as evidenced by the almost straight line where the galling starts and how it tapers out almost the same on both.

Nice .013" backlash!

Hey, I haven't talked to Kevin Wallace since about 2006 or 2007. Wow time sure does fly. I'll be rolling in friday evening, probably stay at Crawford's.

Hey, I haven't talked to Kevin Wallace since about 2006 or 2007. Wow time sure does fly. I'll be rolling in friday evening, probably stay at Crawford's.

Sweet! Mark how you doing? Looking forward to seeing you guys and checking this place out!

I have traveled a roughroad the last 3 years or so but things are getting better now. I'll fill you in when we get some time to sit and chat for awhile.

Hey guys! The wife and I are gonna try to make this trip. Wont be there til saturday morning if we do make it. It would be great to see yall again and catch up. Wish I had a 4x4 jeep though. In the thought process of making my MJ into a mild trail rig. Hope you guys are all doing well! See you next weekend hopefully!
Dale

This is turning into an old school old timers NAXJA get together! Looking forward to this weekend! Now I just need to get this heap back together!

I have a seat again!

Ironman Andy might be ridding with me in his ZJ. He's been there before so I really hope he can work it out.

Great! What did he think of the place?

IIRC he thought it had a lot of potential and that I'd probably like it.. It was also about a year ago. Hopefully he can come out. He's got a really nicely built ZJ? I think..... I cannot keep the Grand Cherokees straight with all their codes......

99-04 on the WJ

Back