• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango Steerign Box Rebuild and porting

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I do a lot of steering box work locally. I ended up with an extra complete seal kit for a Durango steering box. I will take your box, completely disassemble it, degrease it, tap it, paint it with Hammerite, and bake the paint. I replace every internal and external seal. If the sector shaft bearing is bad I replace it as well. I glass bead the sector shaft, all aluminum parts and the steel locking ring. It will look and work like new.

I will rebuild and port your box for $100 plus shipping. You have to send your box.

I can do your regular XJ box as well. I charge $135 plus shipping and no core is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dakota Steerign Box Rebuild and porting

Here is the quality of what I deliver back to you.

BottomView.jpg

TopView.jpg

ArealView.jpg

Shipping runs $20 to $25

Last edited:
Sorry, so many people responded, I guess you got lost in the shuffle. I am getting some cores this weekend and should be able to ship by Wednesday. PM me and we can setup payment.

Shipping a box to me to rebuild doesn't really make financial sense. The shipping is what I pay for my cores. So, I can get a box to you that is ready to go without you having to have your rig down.

Back