• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durabak

Re: pics?

steinjeep said:
Now the question is: Would you do it on your exterior body? I have the clear coat problem on my 91' xj and am really thinking of using either Herculiner or Durabak. I have used Herculiner alot, but Durabak looks to have smaller particles and should look better on the body, plus they have lots of colors and I think they have UV protection.

You can get Durabak 18 (the UV protectant version) in smooth form (no rubber traction granules). This is what I plan to do...but it will run about $160/gallon. At 60 sq/ft per gallon for a two coat application, I figure at least 2 gallons. However, as a roll-on DIY job, it still won't cost any more than a crappy aftermarket paint job.

Nay

nay where are you finding the smooth durbak 18? i'm going to be giving thold red a make over before camp jeep and i need some but i need 3 diffrent colors so i guess it will be 500 bucks but i'll have left overs foto do some of the inside party1:

Urban Redneck said:
Hey Matt. Don't have any info on this, but had to post. I was reading the post quick at work and saw your "A little incident a while back with my cat burning a hole through the carpet didn't help either." And I misread cat for cat not catalytic converter. Got a really good laugh out of this! Thanks!!
:looney:
i thought the same thing. I thuoght it was some kinda slang for saying my kitty cat pissed on the carpet...

RyanSullivan said:
i thought the same thing. I thuoght it was some kinda slang for saying my kitty cat pissed on the carpet...

That some acidic piss :laugh2:

Back