• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft Shop

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
Any recommendations for a local driveshaft shop? I need to get a shaft shortened. It would be cool if there was one in Kent but I don't mind going to Seattle or Tacoma either. Even better if they don't want the year, make, model. :D

Thanks,
Willy

Here's a couple that can do what you want. I've never dealt with Aukeen personally but it has been recommended by other NAXJA members in the past. I've done business with Fleetpride several times on Jeep stuff as well as big truck stuff (which is their specialty) and they've always done good work at a reasonable price.

AUKEEN DRIVELINES
253-395-0392
20435 84th Ave S
Kent, Washington 98032

FLEETPRIDE
2626 SOUTH TACOMA WAY
Tacoma, WA 98409
8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri

hysiderafter said:
Here's a couple that can do what you want. I've never dealt with Aukeen personally but it has been recommended by other NAXJA members in the past. I've done business with Fleetpride several times on Jeep stuff as well as big truck stuff (which is their specialty) and they've always done good work at a reasonable price.

AUKEEN DRIVELINES
253-395-0392
20435 84th Ave S
Kent, Washington 98032

FLEETPRIDE
2626 SOUTH TACOMA WAY
Tacoma, WA 98409
8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri

Looks like Aukeen is just a couple miles from me. I'll give them a shot first. Thanks for the info.

Willy

I took the shaft to Aukeen to have it shortened and balanced. Looks like they did a pretty good job.

Before:
IMG_6045.jpg

After:
IMG_6046.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations!

Willy

NickThePyro said:
How much did they charge? I might have to get mine shortened.

I measured before it was shortened but now I can't remember what it was. :dunce: It was at least 12". They just remove the tube welded in the middle and replace with a tube that is the correct length.

Willy

mud1059 said:
Out of curiousity, what is the purpose of the 12" shaft?

I've got a double transfer case setup. The short shaft allows me to run a stock front driveshaft which I already had, I don't have to cut into the skid plate for driveshaft clearance, and the driveshaft stays further out of harms way tucked up above the control arms.

Willy

Back