• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver's doorlock malfunction

blackhawk411

NAXJA Forum User
Ever since I took off the door panel and left it on without taking the locking rods off, the door does not lock properly. Luckly, the "door handle" rod was not bent so I managed to acquire the "locking" rod online. I just went and installed it but it's still doing the same thing. My driver's side door does not lock. Electric wiring is all good but the damn thing just won't go to LOCK position fully. Even when I try to lock the door from the outside it won't lock. What do you think it is?

Sorry to cut in but I hope someone knows how to fix this.
I took the door panel off to replace speaker and can't get it to work now. I had to disconnect the rod and just use the electric. Passenger side went back together fine.

For blackhawk, I think you need to get in there and see if the mechanism in the latch itself is broken, and also to make sure that the rods aren't somehow crossed or interfering with each other. Try disconnecting all the internal locking mechanisms and see if the lock then works. Make sure you leave a window open, because if the lock is broken you can lock yourself out! (do not ask how I know this. :gag: )

For Stiff, if the lock still works, take the rod off at the handle end, and see if it operates then. If not, see if the rod is crossed, fouled or improperly connected at the latch end. If it locks "freehand" then you probably just need to bend it to restore it to its correct length.

Back