• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door lock cylinders

chadd_raylee_389@h

NAXJA Forum User
now i know your gonna tell me to search and i did and didnt get what i wanted out of the search. i need some new door locks and my local dealership wants $30 a piece for each side and there not keyed and in pieces and have to be taken to a locksmith to have them keyed. i was just wondering since mine has a chevy style key if i can get a door lock cylinder for a chevy. i have a 1990 xj and i have looked at 1986 s-10 door locks and they look pretty close to the same. plus the s-10 door lock cylinders are only around $15 for the set. has anybody ever done this before.

just aslong as the fit the same and move the same i see no prob. GL

Check Napa/Car Quest and even some of the discount A/P stores that carry the "Help" line of parts (red packages made by Motor Mite I think?). I've seen complete sets that come already keyed, and they work fine

Those are bastards to change, need an eye on the end of an antenna and a few more joints in your fingers.

Back