• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Don't bother with Rairdon's Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe

1987xjgirl

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I guess I will start with I thought I was saving a buck. Yesterday I got a coupon in my email for oil change fluid check and fill and 27 point inspect. all this for $29.99 at Rairdon's Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe. So I verified they had the right filter the service writer said yeah no problem. So a hour later he hands me back my keys. I had brought in my own oil the 4.0L is a 6 Qt with filter system. So this morning was loading stuff in the back of my jeep and noticed a quart of oil in the back unopened. So I desided to check everything. They said my air filter was just fine. Yes I have a K&N but I pulled it out and it was black and I had a rats nest under it. :firedevil OK so the receipt also stated they topped off all under hood fluids. My coolant was a no read in the expansion tank.
I then went in to confront the service advisor. He treated me like I don't know jack chit about my XJ. He further told me the 4.0L has always been a 5 Qt system. I though that in his face by saying yeah if you never replace the filter it would be. They also stated I needed things I did not need and said things that needed work where fine. Do to this I would suggest anyone thinking of going to the steelership avoid Rairdon's Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Monroe like the plague.:firedevil:firedevil:firedevil:firedevil:hang::skull2:

Man sorry you had a bad dealing with them, sounds like they need some help on knowing how to do things. This I think is just one of the reason just about everyone I know does the work on their rigs themselves. You better start learning and doing your own work on you rig lol.

steelership

Right there you said it in one word.

I worked in the retail auto industry for about 10 years. I worked for both privately owned and a dealership. The lucky techs get payed by the hour, others like dealerships get payed by the flat rate hour. With this poor economy they will just about do anything to feed thair families. Just like you being thrifty and using there low cost bait to try and reel you in on all the repairs. The tech probably made .3 on that deal and when he seen it was an old XJ he didn't even want to wast his time because he knew you were there for the bare minimum and wouldn't spend a penny more then $29.99

All that being said I no longer work in the retail auto industry.

Dave

I work with auto dealer's service departments everybody for my job, I'm a sort of consultant you could say. There are bad ones and there are very, very good trustworthy dealers. Dave is right, there are a lot of things recommended, namely flushes that are rarely needed and often times go against what the manufacturer recommends.

Out of curiosity did they use a Mopar filter or aftermarket?

Also, don't think that going to Jiffy Lube or Oil Can Henry's is any better. Avoid the bad ones but in general dealerships are better at working you your car for many repairs.

Sorry you had a bad experience, change your own oil from now on. Just did mine last night and it took all of a 1/2 hour and it only took that long because I tightened my oil filter too much and couldn't find my wrench.

Here is what I recommend. They represented that they provided services to you and charged you for those services. You PAID for something that was not provided. I would demand a refund. You have no obligation to allow them a second try. Give them one chance and if the fail to make good report them to the appropriate agencies. Better business bureau and DMV come to mind.

I recently sold a 2005 Grand Cherokee. In the life of service that I had done to it (150K miles, and 1 new Transmission) it saw 5 different dealerships (Monroe, Smokey Point, Mt Vernon, Everett, Beaverton OR). Not 1 of those dealerships was I happy with the service on a regular basis. Some times it was acceptable and sometimes it was not.

For oil changes I have started useing Oil Can Henry's. They are not perfect either, but as often as I need to get the oil changed in my cars they have consistently been the best I can find locally. I have had some minor issues with them but I find my service is better.

On a similar note, I just recently bought a new car (Toyota) and went to over a dozen dealerships (all up and down the west coast) in the last 4-6 months making sure I knew exactly what I wanted for a car. Only 2 of the sales people I talked to were "reasonably" knowlegeable about the cars I was interested in. I had several who outright lied, didn't know or understand, or who were just not interested in talking to a customer. In the end I bought my car from the Toyota dealership in Everett. I have been back several times for service and assistance and so far (crossing my fingers) they have been excellent.

Just some experience to share.
Michael

. You better start learning and doing your own work on you rig lol.

Normally I do my own work. I have been keeping this jeep on the road my self for the last ten years. So yeah appreciate the attitude of I don't know how to work on it. I have not had the time so for once in my life I took it to the steeler.:doh: hell the CHEVY dealer in town does better work. if i could, i would take my stuff there for services i dont want or have time to deal with.

I work with auto dealer's service departments everybody for my job, I'm a sort of consultant you could say. There are bad ones and there are very, very good trustworthy dealers. Dave is right, there are a lot of things recommended, namely flushes that are rarely needed and often times go against what the manufacturer recommends.

Out of curiosity did they use a Mopar filter or aftermarket?

Well i have a feeling they didn't even swap the filter. I brought in 6 qts Mobil1 were brought in but only 5 were used. Now owning this jeep as long as we have, we KNOW how much it takes. If ya dont change the filter, it would only take 5 qts. that was one of the piss offs and then they told my husband who has been working in the lube industry for 13yrs, He also did not know the specs on my XJ. motors dont magically change capacities. they said they did a 27 point inspect, lube and fluid fill. I doubt they did all that was said to have been done. i HIGHLY doubt they even lubed all the fittings, all 13 of em.
I wrote the post to vent and steer people away from this dealership.

Sorry didn't realise I was having a attitude of any kind at all was not how I meant for it to sound. Hell seems like it takes more time to take a rig in to a rip off shop then it does to just do the oil change yourself, if you have been doing the work on your own rig for that long I'm shocked you would trust any one in a shop to do anything to it. Like I said in my first post though sorry you had such bad luck there but I bet you don't let it happen again. I'm sure your post has helped many people from waisting their time on going there.

Its all good there are times I don't feel like dealing with my jeep. But hey your right there are few people I trust with my rig and there one more I don't trust. ;)

hey now you have a good ps pump to install.....

Back