• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dodge front d60??

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Been poking around the junkyard and found myself staring at a d60 under a 95-97 dodge v-10 2500 truck. Its kind of like a xj suspension. Sure the spring mounts are about 4-6" too far apart but I think I can rectify that, the lca mounts I think I could use, they look to be mounted to the truck about the same distance apart as xj lca's. But the axle is 8-10" wider than a d30. They came stock with 3.54 or 4.10 gears, I think...I could probably get away with the 4.10's and 35's for a bit.

do you think that with a set of rims with out much offset I might be able to use that axle even though it would be 4-5" wider on each side? Any big problems with this axle other than the width...measures about 70" wms I think.

If you're going to do that, why don't you grab the rear also... otherwise it's gonna look pretty silly... especially if you have 15" rims (because you'll need some crazy backspacing to clear the brakes). I thought the Dodge 60 was pass side drop anyway?
Billy

yellowxj said:
Been poking around the junkyard and found myself staring at a d60 under a 95-97 dodge v-10 2500 truck. Its kind of like a xj suspension. Sure the spring mounts are about 4-6" too far apart but I think I can rectify that, the lca mounts I think I could use, they look to be mounted to the truck about the same distance apart as xj lca's. But the axle is 8-10" wider than a d30. They came stock with 3.54 or 4.10 gears, I think...I could probably get away with the 4.10's and 35's for a bit.

do you think that with a set of rims with out much offset I might be able to use that axle even though it would be 4-5" wider on each side? Any big problems with this axle other than the width...measures about 70" wms I think.

yes use the rear too or find one thats a hair narrower than the front, my k-5's all had rears that were more narrow than the front...the d60 front on those dodges is a driver side drop,

Well if your getting new tires and wheels you can go to hummer wheels that have something like 7"BS and would help keep it closer to your curent width. the only thing i can think of is that those axles have a center dico but hey it is a 60.

Back