• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do I have to...

great advice guys...im not gonna offroad it...just on a side note everything i have put on the jeep i have paid for (Manik grille guard $450, Head unit and speakers $250, Zacatal roof rack $255, baja lights $70) i work 25 hrs a week... i may try and set up something where i can buy the jeep from them or i may just buy a beater to off road!! we'll see. most likely i will start saving my money for college!! Thanks again

bmyohn said:
great advice guys...im not gonna offroad it...just on a side note everything i have put on the jeep i have paid for (Manik grille guard $450, Head unit and speakers $250, Zacatal roof rack $255, baja lights $70) i work 25 hrs a week... i may try and set up something where i can buy the jeep from them or i may just buy a beater to off road!! we'll see. most likely i will start saving my money for college!! Thanks again

Good on ya!

as far as the spoil brat......there is a lot of them out there that the real world is going to consume.

bmyohn Even though you have been give a jeep or should i say borrowed a jeep I thing you have a grate head on you shoulders and that can only happen form grate parent!

and as some one es said here,.....respect your parent, you only get one pair! this is good advice.;) 10 years form now you will under stand why you parent do and say what they do.
be patient and get a beater, they will come around........as long as you don't give them a reason to distrust you!:nono:

moparmatt said:
Agree!!! No names said here. But I get tired of seeing spoiled brats on here saying I am going to get a lift and wheels/tires, and a cool sound system that they did not install. (Mall Rated) And come on here and post pics about the great and hard work job they did.

Get a job and save for the "real world" cuz it sucks. And stay in school!!!

Brats:smsoap:
:rattle: "Thats right "mommy and daddy aren't there...."

Don't get me wrong I am getting a lift and tires soon with my own money that I saved from working hard just as anyone else has but I have my priorities straight.

thats a bunch of crap. did all of the above (lift, tires but no sound system) and didnt save for the REAL WORLD (way over rated by the way) and have been living on my own just fine, with two of my own jeeps mind you. just because you couldnt/cant afford all these things these kids are doing with there jeeps doesnt mean you have to get all jealous and pouty, i had to put up with my best friend with a rediculously wealthy dad who saw my lifted xj that i bought and worked on all myself and had his dad go out and throw 13 grand into one, and i just suck it up and smile because there's one more xj on the trail

Your parents aren't worried about the Jeep, it's you there worried about. When I was young I had a Road Runner that I would race. My friends all had Cudas, SS Chevelles, Novas etc. We all bought our own cars and fixed them ourselves w/ our own money. Parents worried less in those days or just did'nt know what we where doing because we left with a clean car and came back with a clean car. I have three kids and worry even if they don't pick up the cel phone. When you have kids youll see. Unless as you go offroad w/them as someone mentioned on here about the 2000 tj. Dont just be a parent or son be a friend too. Hanging out with your father and friends can be fun. My kids and there friends like hanging out with us .

I am 16, and I have a '99 XJ with an incredible body, and I just started messing it up. My parents DID buy it for me. My dad even bought my fuel pump when it gave out on a rock garden run at Reiter (Washington!). I am not comfortable with my Jeep until I change my fluids around 80% of the time that the due date is up. Fluid changes on the regular will save you on components that will eventually need to be replaced... and it always gives you a great feeling to keep up your Jeep. If your parents don't want you to wheel it, just start working on it! It's an amazing hobby to just work on your vehicle, and to see it come along. The pro's about working on your vehicle are actually applicable to virtually everything in life... most IMPORTANTLY: ALWAYS take the extra time to do a QUALITY job. It is SO much more fulfilling to have a rig that you spent an extra week on that runs intendedly, than something you will break and have a shop fix for 200% the price because your parents wont let you repair it yourself due to the poor performance of your modifications (my fuel pump. =[.). That's my most important lesson I can tell you... Keep wheeling!

thanks for the advice...i love working on the jeep....i think i got some props from my dad when i changed out all the fluids, topped everything off, and gave it a wash...it so much fun working on the jeep...especially with my dad

here was our last project

RoofRackLights005.jpg

RoofRackLights004.jpg

RoofRackLights002.jpg

the roof rack and lights took about 3 hours to intall!!

Back