• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DJManche's build update ...

DJManche

NAXJA Forum User
So for a while now I've been pretty worthless around here , not posting anything that had to do with Jeeps in some time but
its that time of year again and it was time for some upgrades to prepare for winter .
Picked up this bumper from Frank Z a couple days ago , thanks Frank for the pimpyness ...
Busted it out in about 6 hours , real snug fit , there were a couple profanities threwn in the mix but I finally got her in there .
DSC01775.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

Loked so good it was time for some 35"s ...
DSC01793.jpg

DSC01789.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

Very nice clean truck! Maybe once the kids are gone I can have a Manche again.

Thanks , I'm bolting the old bench seat in the rear with seat belts so my boys
can go with me . Right now only one at a time wants to go anywhere in the Jeep so I haven't had the motivation to get that done yet . The wife needs
airlifted into the truck so she doesn't get to ride very much .

WAAAAY better on 35's man. i dig it

Smoothed out the bumps it did even though the more aggressive tire is rough at low speed . I was only going for 33"s but Big O priced me cheaper on the 35"s this time around . Even balanced them , did the alignment and flushed the power steering . All for under a grand w/ road hazard .

Sweet MJ, Looks Great!! :thumbup:

Thanks , and to all that reply thank you .
I know I spend WAY too much money on my projects and my chit is WAY to shinny to actually use to its full potential , but it sure beats working on a swedish blow dryer mobile ....:gag:

Its always been a dream of mine to have a truck that I restored every nut and bolt from the ground up . So far the only parts that have been left alone are the motor and trans , Gear box and transfer case . Dash , lighting and electrical is all stock and needs help .

But thats like ...!!!1

looks great, DJ. Ya know what it needs? A stroker :eyes:

Progress report on the my street MJ is very slow and go but this is the plan ...

Swap this ....
DSC01704.jpg

From this ....
DSC01728.jpg

Into this ....
DSC01720.jpg

Along with a 4 linked Ford 8.8 Posi rear and a couple interior mods like race
gauges and harnesses , probably completely modifying the dash with a built
dash plate and console .

that'll never work. you should buy a stroker and bolt it in. ;)

that'll never work. you should buy a stroker and bolt it in. ;)

:D
Yeah , I bet you know a guy as well ...
I feel so bad about being mr shady pants about the stroker , although for the 92' , a stroker may be in the future but I think I'm probably going for mostly stock on the motor , for I still DD that truck . As for the drag truck a v8 seemed to be the best way to get readily easy to find parts for a motor that the sky is the limit on potential HP . Also the 91' is a 2.5 2wd with a AX5 , any motor swap is a complete job on this one , motor and
trans , front suspension and steering , harness and all the wiring as well will have to be swapped either way .
Not to mention drive shaft and rear axle swap .

Stroke the TPI 350 to 383! Lots of bang for the buck!

:D
Yeah , I bet you know a guy as well ...
I feel so bad about being mr shady pants about the stroker , although for the 92' , a stroker may be in the future but I think I'm probably going for mostly stock on the motor , for I still DD that truck . As for the drag truck a v8 seemed to be the best way to get readily easy to find parts for a motor that the sky is the limit on potential HP . Also the 91' is a 2.5 2wd with a AX5 , any motor swap is a complete job on this one , motor and
trans , front suspension and steering , harness and all the wiring as well will have to be swapped either way .
Not to mention drive shaft and rear axle swap .

as a matter of fact, I DO know a guy. :) No sweat, not shady on the stroker, shit happens. Someone will get a deal sooner or later. I will likely repost and include a craigslist listing sometime in the next couple weeks, cause buying a DD has strained by WJ build fund!:wow:

Back