• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnected JKS dskcon out of way?

DiscoCables2.jpg

Get them here: http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/gecko_accessories.htm

if youhave the OEM front skidplate, you can drill a hole in it and install a small mounting post for the bottom part of the disco. to attach to while disconnected, and use the same pin u use while its attached.

if u have the front skid, and wantto try this, let me know and ill (or others) can chime back in and let u know how to do it

I used an existing hole in the top of the fenderwell, and installed a small eye hook. Use a couple of zip ties to fasten the loose end of the disco to the sway bar, and a couple of heavy duties to secure the sway bar to the hook eye.

ChiXJeff

Check with JKS they have a neat Dico Holder for XJs! :cool:

Also the DPG one work good also!

hinkley

Ok, I'll consider those suggestions. I wish I had the front skid, they're pretty stout. I thought Teraflex's disc. were very user friendly; they have a hanger, dont rattle when driving, and are very easy to connect back.

I had the JKS small mounting post and one mounting post got tore off on one of our trips...the mounting post was mounted on the OEM skid plate..wondered if this happened to anyone else..

KLXJ said:
I had the JKS small mounting post and one mounting post got tore off on one of our trips...the mounting post was mounted on the OEM skid plate..wondered if this happened to anyone else..

When they are bolted to the factory skid the tire can hit them and break off.

mark

I just use bungy cords and have never had a problem with them. not even with rubbing on the cords from the wheel or anything.

What do u guys do? Just bungee the swaybar to the disconnect together to an eyelet like gottabejeep's pic??

I put a small eye hook in a remote corner of the fender well and use about 8" of a small rope to tie everthing up out of the way. Same idea as gotta be jeep only low tech. Haven't had a problem yet and the whole set up cost less then a $1.

After being real disappointed with zip ties and bungie cords breaking, I got a set of Dirk's cables and have been very happy with them. They've held up with no apparent wear at all, are very quick and easy to hook and unhook, and can be adjusted to hold your discos wherever you like.
http://www.dpgoffroad.com/winchesandBumpers/New_Folder4/DiscoHolders.htm

with the factory front skid and the posts you lose the clips on every offroad trip, ask me how i know. now i use a small piece of wire to hold the driver side in place and a wire tie in the other side.

I never found a place on the factory skid that my tires wouldn't hit them. I ended up with about 5 holes drilled in the skid (each side) from trying different places. (I obviously believe in "measure once, then eyeball it anyway and drill 5 times")

I scrapped the skid finally and made a cheap little bracket to mount the aluminum posts. These cheesey little brackets I made mount to the "frame" in existing holes right behind the swaybar "frame" mounts. So far it's out of the way since it's receded as far as I could make it.

i was boared one day so i made some dpg look-alikes. they work really well. i've been happy with them. another vote for dpg.

matthew

242380_155_full.jpg

242380_114_full.jpg

Back