• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnect to solid axle seal #'s

4 thou diameter difference? I'd be tempted to buy two and try pressing one in without even messing with the housing at all. If it doesn't work, take it back out and grind a bit off, then try again...

in my case it's over .03" difference between any of the seals and my housing, except for the one just posted, which is about .02" different.

Ya know what's strange...I'm having an issue that's OPPOSITE of what the OP was having...seals I'm trying are all too small...here's what I've tried so far...

40576S (11771) Too small OD
471763(11343) Too Small OD
471765 Too Small OD
710068 Too Big OD

Rustys makes a block off plate for the CAD and it comes with a seal. I have a block off plate made up already, so I called to try to get the part number for the seal they provide. She said the seal by itself is available for $8...with $18.50 for shipping!!!. I kindly asked her for the part number for the seal, she claims its an in house manufactured item, and that the seal doesn't have a part number, I'd have to order by year and application.So now Rustys is in the seal making business??I've called Randys Ring and Pinion...they couldn't help...

Does anyone have any other part numbers that I could try. The Dana 30 I'm working on came out of an 86 Cherokee Chief with 4.10 factory gears (if this makes any difference)*******

Back