• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff cover - Rockcrusher or Ruff Stuff

Which diff cover?

• Rockcrusher

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Ruff Stuff Specialties

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • Other

Votes: 19 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 weeks ago I ordered 3 RC covers and 1 RS cover(both direct).3 days later I got my RC covers,their beefy as hell(just as thick if not thicker than the cast center section).I modified them with a oil level plug and installed them.My RS cover isnt here yet,Ive spoken with Dan a couple times about it.He,s had some mfg issues with his ring vendor plus he said his orders are WAY up since posting on NAXJA!Finally got an E-mail from him today that it finally shipped so we'll see what it looks like soon!

RCP Phx said:
2 weeks ago I ordered 3 RC covers and 1 RS cover(both direct).3 days later I got my RC covers,their beefy as hell(just as thick if not thicker than the cast center section).I modified them with a oil level plug and installed them.My RS cover isnt here yet,Ive spoken with Dan a couple times about it.He,s had some mfg issues with his ring vendor plus he said his orders are WAY up since posting on NAXJA!Finally got an E-mail from him today that it finally shipped so we'll see what it looks like soon!

I did have a PIA problem with the ring cutter on the 8.25's, after cutting the first 2 batches correctly he somehow reverted to the first prototype ring which could hit the retainer plates (the little tabs under the retainer bolts). Finally got them replaced yesterday, shipped about 25 8.25's today, another 7-8 will go out tommorrow if we didn't burn down the PO, some of those boxes were smoking from the cover being ripped from the hands of the welder and thrown in a box.....no problems with any of the other 7 covers.....been selling the D60'd D44's, and 14 Bolts for 8 months with not a single complaint. The D30, D35, and Chrysler 8.25's for about 3 months. Sold and shipped 60 8.25's before the ring problem.....all better now, had only shipped 2 with the problem(those were the first replaced) before my son discovered it.

Dan Fredrickson
www.ruffstuffspecialties.com

Last edited:
teamair2k2 said:
Its ugly, but I a fond of this...
http://baertrax.com/
bf2sm.jpg

Looks like a George Foreman Grill :rof:

Wow, you guys didn't include Baertrax's Buttface or any of Bluetorch's stuff. They have really nice products too.

Mdub said:
Wow, you guys didn't include Baertrax's Buttface or any of Bluetorch's stuff. They have really nice products too.

Is this a joke, or did you not read the entire thread?
Both buttface and bluetorch were mentioned a few times.

I just ordered 2 rc covers, I'll see how they work out.
You just can't beat the price.....

vegas_baja said:
Is this a joke, or did you not read the entire thread?
Both buttface and bluetorch were mentioned a few times.

I just ordered 2 rc covers, I'll see how they work out.
You just can't beat the price.....
x2,plus the Baertrax is the fugliest loss of ground clearance POS Ive EVER seen!It also looks like its built off a stock cover,one good hit would tear it apart like tin-foil!
bf4.jpg

Last edited:
go with the CSE Its cheaper and the same as the ruffstuff cover!

who the heck is CSE?

jayuu said:
i ordered a rc 3 months ago. still waiting.
Yeah the lady at Mad4wd.com told me that theyre stuff is on a huge back order but they have a huge order thats supposed to go out to everyone. Hopefully that means that theyre gonna go out soon. She told me the middle to end of October.

swbooking said:
Yeah the lady at Mad4wd.com told me that theyre stuff is on a huge back order but they have a huge order thats supposed to go out to everyone. Hopefully that means that theyre gonna go out soon. She told me the middle to end of October.

Might want to just order it from someone else. Mad has been giving people the same answer for a while now! I know people who have waited for months!

I know for a fact that Rock Crusher has them in stock(just asked them myself)! I'd cancel with Mad and order it right from Rock Crusher if it were me!

RCP Phx said:

RalphXJ said:
Might want to just order it from someone else. Mad has been giving people the same answer for a while now! I know people who have waited for months!

I know for a fact that Rock Crusher has them in stock(just asked them myself)! I'd cancel with Mad and order it right from Rock Crusher if it were me!

I ordered 58 Rockcrusher covers from the factory here in Australia (Via contacting Larry at Mad), gave up waiting after about 2 months always being told 2 weeks everytime I called. Ended up getting them from Rockcrusher, airfreighted here to Australia and paid about $10 more but got them within 2 weeks. That was about 35 happy Aussie Jeepers :)

Cheers
Steve

Back