• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ. 5speed 2 door. Fairly Built.

CumminsJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have been doing a lot of thinking about planning on getting rid of my XJ but I think the time has come. I don't have to get rid of it so please do not give any BS offers. Also, I don't want to hear anyone saying "OMG YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO GET THAT MUCH MONEY!!!" I don't care, what I'm asking is fair in my eyes. I have a TJ now and at this point I don't need an XJ this built. I would much rather put a few bucks into the TJ and make it a multipurpose wheeler instead of the few bucks this XJ needs. In the past 3 years I have wheeled this XJ as is. And most of the time it got driven to and from Rausch Creek. I also commuted to and from PA for school for two years with it. So, it is reliable and I still drive it weekly and fix what needs to be fixed as well as do all the fluids when necessary. Here's the lowdown…

2 door
4.0L -183k miles
5 speed- AX-15
NP231 with SYE and Tom Woods 1330 Driveshaft

Axles/Suspension/Tires
35x13.50-15 Toyo M/T- 95%
15x8 Aero beadlocks
35x12.5 Goodyear Kevlar spare- low tread.
8.8 rear- 4.10 gears. Aussie Locker. RUff Stuff Cover. Ruff Stuff install kit.
D30 Front- 4.10 gears. Open. Ruff Stuff Cover
1 ton steering with Chevy 1 ton ends and 1/4 wall DOM- I have a brand new Ruff Stuff OTK 1 ton kit waiting to go in as well that can be had for an extra $250.
Rough Country Long Arms with Currie Johnny Joints
5.5" RE front coils
Bilstein Front Shocks- 12" 5165 series. JKS upper mounts.
Rockkrawler double shear track bar.
5"ish rear Alcan Springs
Bilstein Rear shocks- 12" 5125 series
Rear Shock hoops through the floor- Liquid Iron Industries kit
LII rear shackle relocation brackets
JKS boomerang shackles

Armor/Protection
JCR stage 1 front bumper
No name rear bumper (I forget what brand it was)
Factory ZJ gas tank skid
Front/Rear Ruff Stuff diff covers
RC crossmember and t-case skid
JCR full rear corner guards with LED lights.

Misc/extras
Brown Dog poly motor mounts
Optima yellow top battery
Hella 500s on the front bumper
Extended brake lines front and rear
MORE steering box brace.
brand new Napa steering box
JCR steering box spacer
sway bar delete
AC delete pulley
ACT clutch
Front frame stiffeners.
Rear was plated when I did the shock hoops.
Electric fan is on a switch. New Dorman fan.
Doorless Mod

I'm sure there are some other little things I am forgetting.

With all the good stuff, it does need some cosmetic work. It could use the corner guards repainted as well as the bumpers. Does it look bad? No, but I'm picky. Also, the drivers side floor is almost gone and the rocker is gone. That was a project I planned on doing but I just never did it. Can easily be repaired by just moving the sliders up. It has a few little clunks and things here and there but thats normal from a lifted jeep. It does have a cracked windshield too. THe motor has a lifter tap when its cold, just like every other 4.0. The driver seat needs a new mount welded as well. Im 6'1" 225 and haven't broken it yet.Again, none of this effects the performance of the Jeep. THis jeep just needs someone to put a good weekend worth of work into it, and thats it. It works great off road and runs blacks all day at Rausch Creek and always got me home at the end of the weekend. I just can't justify having a Jeep that's only purpose for me right now is to run Rausch Creek.

I am asking $3000obo WITHOUT the Toyos. I am asking $4250 firm WITH the Toyos and the Ruff Stuff Steering kit. PM me with offers

Last edited:
Hackettstown, NJ. Northwest Jersey.

I can get you some tomorrow. The carpet is still in it so Ill take pics from the side and underneath. They definitely need to be replaced. However, the rest of the unibody is in great shape. Just the normal dents and dings underneath from wheeling.

Please excuse the dirt...I had it out on some local trails over the weekend

Driver Side

Pass Side

Last edited:
Still For sale. Don't have the Ruff Stuff steering anymore to go with it. 4k Firm. If it doesn't sell within the next month, it's being parted once we start getting some warm weather.

Back