• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deinterlacing video

bigalpha

Took some video on a hard drive camcorder. Imported into iMovie. The movie files have some serious interlacing artifacts.

Not from my movie, but this is what I'm talking about.
inthead.jpg

Without using something like Handbrake to reconvert the entire video clip (I have about 4 hrs) is there something that can process the video to remove the interlacing?

On a related note, I have some reservations about running the processor on my MacBook for a number of hours at higher temps. Is this an unfounded concern?

Most video players should have a deinterlace option but I’m not so sure about Macs. Try some different players and see if they have some deinterlace settings.

If your computer is not packed with dust the processor should be able to run at full load 24hours a day.

Alright, I'll take a look.

What will happen if I upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo? Will it get rid of the interlacing artifacts?

i cant see the video, but i've had my macbook pro ripping with the fan blasting for hours at a time.. no issue to report. i have smc fan controller, its a cool utility if you wanna give it a try.

There's no video - it's just a screen cap I got on Google.

I have the little program that tells you temperatures and stuff sitting up in my status bar. It freaks me out when it hits 190* and just stays there while i'm recoding stuff.

Check out VLC Media Player. It has filters built in that can both deinterlace for playback as well as transcode (or just rewrite the original) without interlacing.

There's no video - it's just a screen cap I got on Google.

I have the little program that tells you temperatures and stuff sitting up in my status bar. It freaks me out when it hits 190* and just stays there while i'm recoding stuff.

oh, i see a red X.. maybe its bc im on a work PC.

the chassis temps really soar on them sometimes, but if you look at the actual processor temp it isnt as bad relative to the chassis. i just try and not look at it :gag:

Back