• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

December 7th x-mas tree run

Shoot, I was all set for this run... so does it look like it'll get rescheduled? Don't wanna get a tree too late, already getting jealous of all the people I've seen today hauling their trees home.

At this time, I am Personally pulling out of this run all together, The weather is not cooperating for a Proper snow run on the 7th/8th. and I cannot commit to the 14th as I already plan to attend the double Header run that weekend.

Typically this run has been scheduled for "around" the first week of Dec.
The main focus being on getting a tree, hence the name of the run has not changed in many years.
Combining this with our efforts to continue to create a positive image in the community as well as helping out the kiddies, by merging this run with a toy collection for Toys for Tots has just been an added bonus for all involved. Snow or not, I believe the spirit of the run remains.
YES, snow would be awesome, and always makes things a little more fun.
But with a pretty substantial double header run planned for the following weekend of the 14th, And the week after that getting a little too close to the holiday, AND with this run planned and up for weeks now.... I think it should remain.
I'm still in.....
43467370.jpg

Driving up to goat mountain without snow is like going to costco without a membership and the food court is closed..

Well...... I will be @ the ranger station to gather toys. Since its too close to change the TOT date and location and the purpose of the run is more important than the weather to me.

Driving up to goat mountain without snow is like going to costco without a membership and the food court is closed..

I actually LOL'd at this.... good one Scott.

Re: Re: December 7th x-mas tree run

Well...... I will be @ the ranger station to gather toys. Since its too close to change the TOT date and location and the purpose of the run is more important than the weather to me.

Upon further review...... Purhaps pushing the tree run & TOT event by one week wouldn't be a bad idea.
So here's what I need to know.
If the date stayed on the 7th who would be in.
Conversely, if the run were to be held on the 14th who would be in.

So as a club what day works best?
To give some an opportunity to recover from the turkey run and to give mother nature time to give us some snow.

Typically this run has been scheduled for "around" the first week of Dec.
The main focus being on getting a tree, hence the name of the run has not changed in many years.
Combining this with our efforts to continue to create a positive image in the community as well as helping out the kiddies, by merging this run with a toy collection for Toys for Tots has just been an added bonus for all involved. Snow or not, I believe the spirit of the run remains.
YES, snow would be awesome, and always makes things a little more fun.
But with a pretty substantial double header run planned for the following weekend of the 14th, And the week after that getting a little too close to the holiday, AND with this run planned and up for weeks now.... I think it should remain.
I'm still in.....
43467370.jpg

When it was my run, I always picked the second weekend in December. Three and a half weeks before Christmas is too early for a tree in my books. I'll be there on the 14th with my roommates. 9am at the ranger station.

In for the 7th.... at least for a meet & greet of sorts, and to collect or drop off toys.
I'll prob be in for the 14th as well to wheel, if my motor mounts come in by then.

Re: Re: December 7th x-mas tree run

In for the 7th.... at least for a meet & greet of sorts, and to collect or drop off toys.
I'll prob be in for the 14th as well to wheel, if my motor mounts come in by then.

So the idea is to have the TOT & tree run on the 7th or 14th. Not both.

I'm thinking the toys for tots run/collection will be the 7th, if anyone wants to make a run to go get a tree, we'll be at the ranger station to grab permits for it so....
Other's wanna wait till the 14th to go get a tree, so that will be a tree only run.
yes? no? right? :helpme:

I'm working on something. But yes as it stands TOT will be the 7th.

But we may have a meet n greet in a few weeks to dropoff at either a fire dept or police dept. I don't know yet. But if all else fails well drop at les schwab again.

Back