• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

death wobble help please!

ok after replacing almost everything on the front end like tracbar (JKS), steering stabilizer (did that twice first one was BDS second is RE), lower control arms (JKS), and the steering box, as well as having everting else checked and having the alignment done over and over again and the tires being rebalanced with road force and even being balanced while still on the car. turns out it was the tires themselves. i had a set of 31" BFG All-Terrains on there when it death wobbled and now i put back on my 31" BFG Mud-Terrains and no more death wobble. so my problem is soolved. cant beleive a tire being out-of-round could cause that problem or even that an out-of-round tire could even make it past inspection and to the customer

I would go to another alignment shop that will do more than adjust Toe-In. Caster and Trac bar adjustment is part of the job, even if they charge more for the extra adjustments... "If" there are no worn parts and "ALL" ranges are in spec. it should not Wobble. I bet Caster is off and the LCA angles being steep make it worse.

Good luck!

Just FYI, something easy, quick and FREE to try.

Rubicon Express in thier lift install instructions has a troubleshooting section. For high speed wooble they sugest setting caster to factory minimum wich is 4 degrees. This means rolling the top of the axle forward a bit. This is a reduction in positive caster, and it is the oposite of what most people try. Most try to increase caster. Also, RE recommends maximum toe-in, I set mine to 1/4 inch measured at the outside edge of a 35 inch tire. It works for me, I do it myself with just a tape measure for toe-in and an angle finder for caster. I would give it a try, if it doesnt work you can always put it back.

minimum caster, maximum toe-in.

Back