• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 from an 87 XJ drum to drum

Brandoson

NAXJA Forum User
I have a D44 from an 87 drum to drum that is itching to be stuffed under someones cherokee.

It was going to be for my brother's jeep, but he changed his mind on what he is going to do.

Selling it for $300

D44_01.JPG

D44_02.JPG

D44_03.JPG

Last edited:

so you will likely want to re-gear... but if you're needing a D44 wouldnt you be re-gearing anyways?

so you will likely want to re-gear... but if you're needing a D44 wouldnt you be re-gearing anyways?

Oh, my 35 is only dying because of the mileage it's seen (plenty, alot of towed miles anyways). Not because of larger tires.

I was hoping 3.73's so the carrier break wont be an issue, but I'd like to regear to 4.88 and carriers are cheap anyways...

In any case I'll let you know, I just opened up my xbox 360 to clean it (out of warranty and wont play COD4 online any more), but now I'm getting the "mod" itch and want to turn it into another small money pit... hm...

thick gears instead of carrier swap?

Oh, my 35 is only dying because of the mileage it's seen (plenty, alot of towed miles anyways). Not because of larger tires.

I was hoping 3.73's so the carrier break wont be an issue, but I'd like to regear to 4.88 and carriers are cheap anyways...

In any case I'll let you know, I just opened up my xbox 360 to clean it (out of warranty and wont play COD4 online any more), but now I'm getting the "mod" itch and want to turn it into another small money pit... hm...

Carrier out of a izuzu rodeo D44. they have 4.10's which is the right carrier, its what i used to regear my xj D44. I would recommend not doing 4.88's the pinion on the D30 gets tiny and scary small. do 4.56's.

with the gas mileage of my truck... that's gonna cost me a little over $100 in gas.

I am interested, but will need to list a couple things on ebay to cover part of the cost. I have new Rubicon Express #3780 adjustable upper control arms, and a new pair of Alloy USA 30 spline axles #12134 for the c-clip dana 35. If you might be interested, or know anyone that is interested, let me know. If my stuff sells before you sell the 44. I will take it. Thanks. Jeff.

Last edited:
Carrier out of a izuzu rodeo D44. they have 4.10's which is the right carrier, its what i used to regear my xj D44. I would recommend not doing 4.88's the pinion on the D30 gets tiny and scary small. do 4.56's.

Yeah, but with a 2.5L and 33's, the size of the pinion wont be a problem at all...

Well, if it's gone before I can get the money for it, no worries, I'll come across another one in time.

good luck!

I still have it.

those upper control arms are tempting for a partial, but I kinda need cash right now.

Back