• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 300 twin-stick cable-operated shifter

I would really like some pics of the shifter installed in the factory location and the interior. Really appreciate it boss

You want interior pics? I took some under shots if you want inside I'll get some tomm.! The 1st pic shows the original location of the new lever shifter box above the t-case attached linkage. I used rectangular 2x4 tubing welded nuts in the bottom corner for the flat plate that holds the cable linkage in place.
DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0242-1.jpg

Last edited:
This pic shows interior box with shifters and lower plate with removable shim that holds down slide in shifter cables.
DSCN0244-1.jpg

This pic shows them apart.
DSCN0243.jpg

Hope this helps!
Nice welds hun!! I get in too much of a hurry like a kid at Xmas! They've been in for 2 years and shift perfectly whether the XJ's flat or crossed up!

Last edited:
Finally D300 is onboard with twin-stick cable shifter fm Polar_Jeep_04 :)

The only outstanding issue with this swap is the speedometer - while driving it shows ~20km/h more than a GPS. Before the swap, with NP242, it showed ~5km/h which was acceptable at that time.
Gears front/rear - 4.11
Engine - 4.0 (Renix)
Gearbox - standard for XJ'90 (AW4)
Tires - 33x12.5x15 (will go to 35" next year)

What are the options to solve it, how did u correct this in your rigs.

Rgds

What. is your rear axle ratio and tore size. I have 4.56 & 36's and I used the 231 gear which put me right on according to the unmaned radar speed post on some roads. I've never needed to GPS it but eventually I will.

D300 with twin-shifter onboard and all works well, however one questions is still bothering me regarding 2WD mode (front wheels only). When can u use it? Everywhere or off the main roads.
It's winter time here and front 2WD is tempting :)

Back