• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Tech

If no tags are there you will have to pull the cover and count teeth on the ring and pinion, I think. Can't figure another way except to rotate the pinion and see the amount of turns required to turn the tire one revolution. Then byou will have to approximate the ratio from the possible choices DC had for that particular year. Good Luck!

Running a full-circle clip on an OEM shaft requires some clearancing of the shaft ears to allow room for the clip. This requires actual work, which I am generally adverse to, so we used to weld the caps to the shaft. Which brings us to yet another point

Are you talking about the needle bearing cap clips? Otherwise, I'm lost. Help a youngin out :)

Thanks, Sean

Last edited:
emr1101 said:
haha then why did you tell me i need a carrier, from the get go i was planning on a 4.10 geared stocker

Because you never specified you were swapping the whole front axle. :rolleyes:

haha, why did you ask a stupid question in the first place?

Going to upgrade your rear to a 4.10 axle too? Or are you going to ask the same question in a different thread?

The D30 HOUSING with the disconnect is supposedly stronger than the D30 housing without the disconnect, because the disconnect D30 has a cast passanger side UCA mount, that is stronger than the sheet metal UCA mount on the non-disconnect.

I Just swapped my vacumme disconect axle out for one that doesnt have the disconect. Did it really matter or did i do good???

It's easier to get bigger U-Joints with the Non-Disconnect axle. It also takes out the hassle of the disco portion of the axle. Those are the only upsides I'm aware of.

You will need the carrier as well.
I know you need a new carrer when switching the ring and pinion to anything in the 4's, but i will not need a new one to change from my 3.07s to 3.54 correct?

Back