• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Front Housing Finally, couple questions

Ok, since I already have the chevy knuckles I'll probably just go with the chevy 3/4 ton setup on the front for 8 bolt. Then for the rear I'll get one of the chevy disk brake conversions. Will I still be able to stay with 15" wheels, I see sierra went with 17's and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Mike

Yeah, you can still stay with 15" rims. There are quite a few write ups out there about that. You have to grind off some of the caliper and caliper brackets to make it fit, but you can.

Ok, so I've been reading some more. Since I'm narrowing the axles anyways shouldn't I just be able to weld semi-float ends for the rear 60 on?
CRASH said:
The rear 60, if you want to narrow it, just get some Set 20 (bearing size) bearing cups and have them welded on to the desired width. Then buy 35 spline semifloating shafts of appropriate length. If you want to keep the FF, and you have the small spindles, you can whack those off and weld on FF 14 bolt spindles, which accept 35 spline shafts. Then use the 14 bolt hubs.
I'm looking around some more, but I don't think that I really need the full-float strength for the way I drive. A 35 spline semi-float should be good and it would be a lot easier to source parts for non 8-lug setups for me.

Mike

Ok, so the D60 fell through so I'll have to start looking around again. But I think I'm going to look a little for a semi-float because I don't really want to go 8-lug.

Mike

Back