• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D-rings

88-xj-laredo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this is not very important but I am wondering if anybody knows why D-rings are so expensive from off-road shops, they are always around $20~. But recently I went to the local John Deere dealer and D-rings were $8, same at another tractor dealership (New Holland if you're wondering).
Is there a different building process or different materials?

Were both 'Made in the USA'?

Maybe it is like clevis shackles...made in USA...3/4"...$15-20...made in china...3/4"...around $10.

But which would you trust your life to?

its because people dont realize that you can get them from pretty much any hard ware shop and they think they need a "warn" one or some other namebrand

I have JD shackles and they are made in the USA, and they look just like my buddies warns which he paid 25 bucks a side for

I paid $25 apiece for mine, from a boat supply place. They are stainless steel and polished.

Mack truck dealership, 30,000 lbs rated. They use these for the safety chains on a dump/pup trailer combo. $12 bucks each.
PDR_0010.jpg

Back