• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D&C cages

Led

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Dame from what used to be D&C contacted me to see if there is any interest in a run of cages. For those that don't know this is the cage that most of us run here in colorado. Its the same cage we put in the giveaway jeep in 08. the cost is $450.00 plus shipping or they can be picked up in Colorado springs. post up here or hit me back channel.
If someone wants to be nice post some pics of your installed cage

13557_101645686527609_100000465357504_42705_1329479_n.jpg

154123_175547869137390_100000465357504_525760_3436682_n.jpg

Will save your ass, no doubt about it. A good cage and great investment.

16835_103476323011212_100000465357504_87852_4368518_n.jpg

Hey Led, do you know if prices drop at all for the MJ users?

The cages Damien makes he does for 4dr and 2dr XJ's from pre-determined measurements and are essentially a kit. I don't believe he has things set up to pre-bend an MJ kit so he'd probably need you to bring the MJ to him.

The difference is in the roof line and the rear hoop for the MJ. The floor for the MJ is very different behind the seats than the 4dr XJ so the front half of his kit would likely not fit appropriately.

I imagine Damien would be more than willing to discuss getting one done for you since you and the MJ are down in the 'Springs. :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm sure it could probably work in an MJ, but it'd take some cutting of the rear hoop legs and the top of the rear hoop and the bars that run above the doors would be kinda low - the MJ cab/roof is higher up than an XJ's. No huge differences, just some time custom fitting I'd imagine.

I'll try to post up tonight but I had a D&C cage in my 92 XJ. I bought it used from another guy here, modified it to go onto mine and look better with my lack of roof, and then modified it to go back into a full bodied XJ for the guy that bought it from me.

Decent cages, especially for the money. My only complaint is that the a-pillar spreaders go in front of the dash. I like how the RockHard 4x4 cage uses plates that fit between the door and dash. That cage however costs more than twice as much. I'd definitely get another D&C cage if I had an XJ to put it in. It's a great start and fits well, plus you can always modify it as needed.

^^^That^^^ cage isn't really a good representation of the cage kit you'll receive from Damien. That cage above has been HEAVILY improved upon...... added tube, added gussets (a bunch of 'em) and lower spreaders that box in the cage along the floor.

I may be interested in one. Especially since I doubt the wife will let me put my kid in mine without one.
When I rolled I was super stoked I had one. Then after that, there were plenty of situations I felt so much better knowing if it did go over that I had one. Totally one of the best upgrades for your rig.:repair:

Back