• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut Lower Rear Quarters...(pics and write-up)

i spy JCR quarter gaurds on that red one. very clean look. thats something i plan to replicate.

Not JCR, those look to be Thor's 1/4 guards. Notice the offset blinker light and no side marker. I think Thor's look better but I like how JCR's have the light boxed in with their separate bolt on piece. Either way quality products, I like how the lights are clear on that red one.

apples to apples...

they do the same job. but it looks clean, thats really what i noticed right away. i think whoever did the trim job did a good job as well. i also spy some funky vents between the wheel well and the door, id like to see more on that as well.

but my favorite is the upside down "jeep" sign. though it doesnt truely say "jeep" i got to get me one of those.

It is pretty much the same. you will have to slightly modify the fuel hose guard but it actually flattens out very easily and you can attach it to the new floor that you make. I read in one of the writeups that the second one you do will look better so make that the side you look at most.

Do you have to use rivets or will self taping screws work? I weld too, but i don't know if i want to bother. If i do weld it, should i do the outside and the inside or just the outside. What type of sealant to did you guys use?

got mine done... before:
162771_146585922062499_100001332774399_226172_4464899_n.jpg

the orange isnt rust... its... well, orange. lol. i was sanding a bumper and touched the jeep with my orange fingers.

AFTER:
165778_146585935395831_100001332774399_226173_4952589_n.jpg

Last edited:
How exactly are you people bending the sheet metal in the picture above? So that it bends it in a straight line? What tool?
this
Hands haha, it bends pretty easy since there's already a crease. Cherokee's are made out of tinfoil!

its creased, so it does its own thing. if your really worried put a piece of wood under it and use a jack to slowly apply pressure to it as you go. or just bend the darn thing.

I found that tapping the underside with a hammer finished the bend more cleanly and made a sharper egde at the bend. I also welded up the underside and bondoed/sanded it up to make sure it didn;t ever leak.

original.jpg

That bumper is cool, but from my experience, if you don't extend it past the body line, bad things happen to your hatch (and window) when you bump a tree.

I love the job you did with the corner fold, nice work!

Back