• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Steering

xjaddiction said:
I'm using an RE adj tracbar with drop bracket, Tereflex adj upper and lower CA's, RE CA drop brackets, and a ZJ pitman with the Currie steering. I also have barpin eliminator kit on the shocks. This gives me plenty of flex. So much that after the run I took above pic on, I bent the down tube(from the header to flange) on the exaust enough to loosen the flange bolts. With that much flex, the front d-shaft hits the exhaust. Prior to the Currie set-up (I've had all the other stuff for a year or more), I didn't flex enough to bend the exhaust.

Greddy

Cool, hehe. What shocks are you running? I've got 9005's up there. We're identical except for the CAs. I've got stock uppers still and Rusty's lowers currently with the RE drop brackets. In line for some JKS adjustables though. ;) Not a #1 priority at this point. Needs some more maintenance and some new tires first. :D

Hey Ecksjay,

I think mine are 9005's too. Are they for upt o a 6" lift? I think that's my limit factor now. I like the Tereflex adj. arms. I've had them for three years. There really weren't many on the market for the XJ then. They go through stock bushings though. I replace them about once a year in the lowers. I'm going to purchase a press soon so that I can change them out more easily. An air chisel isn't the easiest way to do it. I might even purchase a second used set. I like the JKS CA's, they are really nice.

Greddy

Sorry to bring this dead horse back to life, but did a search, and what I'm looking for is a Part Number for the WJ draglink that will work on my 93 XJ, Proc from performance offroad said that the draglinks used by Currie are just WJ draglinks, but I need a year or part number so I can order one from the local parts guy and save some money.
Thanks

ECKSJAY said:
Yes. (...and I keep posting this in hopes that when people use the SEARCH function someday they'll find a TON of these!) :)

currieandstock02.jpg

...and for giggles:

currieandstock04.jpg

Standing in the "Corrected" line, thanks for the graphic. Looks like the binding issues are addressed. Thanks!

I guess the question is for those of us who are even cheaper. Can I bend a stock tre to copy this idea. Heating and hammering.

Zerk Fitting fix

For those who have mentioned interference with the Zerk fitting located at the drag link-tie rod union, a simple replacement using a needle style fitting will allow clearance and easy maintenance.

These are available at http://www.mcmaster.com/

The McM-Car Part Number = 10595K14

Description = 1/4"-28 Flush Style Grease Fitting

Print catalog page # = 1,984

Cost = $4.55 for a package of 5

Mohadeab said:
Sorry to bring this dead horse back to life, but did a search, and what I'm looking for is a Part Number for the WJ draglink that will work on my 93 XJ, Proc from performance offroad said that the draglinks used by Currie are just WJ draglinks, but I need a year or part number so I can order one from the local parts guy and save some money.
Thanks

WJ drag links are different than the Currie set-up. The WJ uses a drag link from the pitman arm to the pass side knuckle. The tie rod runs from knuckle to knuckle. Tha pass side knuckle on the WJ has 2 arms coming off of it. I think you are thinking of the ZJ drag link which is similar to the XJ. The TRE tapers appear to be th same as stock so the Currie drag link and the ZJ tie rod combo should work.

WJK000.JPG

Check out the ORGS MFG site for more info and pics.
http://www.orgsmfg.com/project/WJKnuckle.htm

i heard you could do this. I'm wondering the same thing though, I just got a ZJ V8 tierod and want to upgrade the DL to the currie.

also, anyone know a retailer that will just sell me the DL, pitman tre, and ss mount?

Back