• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Critisize my build

4.56's are probably a better match for 32's.

hahahaha

I don"t even turn 3k rpm at that speed with 35's and 4.88's

are you driving around in 3rd gear??:rolleyes:

Nope thats just what the engine RPM was at. About 3K doing 75.

I personally didnt like that, I would rather run 4.56 on 35's.

But thats my opinion. I know for a fact 32s on 4.88's would be retarded.

thanks to all for replies,

about gas here, yes gasoline is here about 5.5 USD/gallon, but I am running all my rigs converted to LPG which is like 2.75/gallon, so I do not have to care so much about mpg.

gears: my last rig was 89 with 4.56 and 33BFG more like 32,5. We have quite some hills here even on the higways, I had to go on 3rd to keep up with the traffic, which sucked, so thats why I went with 4.88.

the 4.88 for 8.25 are made by Nitro, I got them from Jeremy - www.justdifferentials.com -

To be onest this is not my true and only DD, I have one stock ZJ which I can use for long highway trips. I am also curious how the 32 and 4.88 will perform.

I am leaning towards the detroit after all, locker is locker, but who knows ....

Greetings to Cal and BlueGerbil (Germany)

id prob go 31s, easier on the tranny... ive been reading a set of 32s will fry an auto... with towing and whatnot, youre not gonna make it an easier on that transmission with 32s. so id step down a size, and maybe drop an inch in height? just suggestions..

4.5" is plenty for 32s. I run 265s(32s) with no rear sways and still rub...

Sounds good for all the other stuff.

Like everyone else said 4:88s are going to be peppy but fun on 32s...

Your going to hate your life with 32's on 4.88's.

I hated my truck with 4.88's and 35's on the highway. Have fun doing 65MPH at 4K RPM.

Go with 4.10's if possible.

UUmmmmm............NO.............you must have been in 2ed gear all the time!!! at 4 grand I am ove 100mph!!!!!!

Sounds like a good build. Only suggestion would be a full sye instead of the hnt.

There is no SYE for the 242!!! They are all H&T's even the best one from Tom Woods!!

CZ has lower speed limits and a lot of hills. I think given Marty's location (I know more about his situation than most of you) 4.88 and 32's is not a bad call.

Whoever thinks 4.5" is too much lift for 32's needs to SPOBI and get a f'n clue.

3.5" and 32's, the tires rub just going over speedbumps.

finch-jeep.jpg

4.5" and 32's, which worked out REALLY well.

741827126203_0_bg.jpg

46570666208_0_bg.jpg

In fact, Rubicon Express even specifies on the documentation for their 4.5" lift, "this lift best suited for 32" tires".

And yes, Marty has one of the first Nitro 4.88 8.25 gear sets, he's had it for a couple months now.

I was at 4.5 with 35's and everything worked great, you just need to bumpstop properly!!

Yeah trim your fenders and adjust your bumpstops. I guess it depends on what you want out of your rig. I <3 low COG.

Back